View Single Post
March 4th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa*G View Post
Trust me, I know the procedure. Regardless, they are DIAGNOSED. This is off topic slightly, but throwing some pills at someone isn't going to make it all better. Medication is only one piece of the puzzle.

And to the poster that said a lot of people with anxiety and depression self medicate - I don't agree with that either.

Lisa

But the difference here is that you have a serious, diagnosed disease. The purpose of the pills is to alleviate your pain, and of course being more calm will be a side effect. Someone who is in constant, debilitating pain isn't going to be very calm. The impression I got from the OP is that these women are smoking pot because they feel like it.

Lisa
Yes, they are smoking it because they want to not because they have to. Well, one mother used it because she had cancer, but even after her cancer was gone she continued to use it and even got her daughter medical card because she said she likes using the MJ because it's more natural than the pills.

Here, watch this segment, it pretty much sums them up. It's only about 10 minutes long. YouTube - Soccer Mom Stoners Part 2. It's a little hard to understand because of the quality, but it gets the point across.