View Single Post
March 4th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Ephesians 4:29
I'm with your hubby. (Sorry... don't hate me! ) I had to memorize them as a kid and didn't know until recently that some didn't learn that way, AND that some publishers don't teach it that way anymore. That's why I love R&S so much. Ben has struggled with facts all year long. He knew "how" to add/subtract, but he didn't have the mental math speed down until we started R&S. Now he's up to his 5 fact families, and he's able to do 28 problems in 2 minutes. He's doing amazing with it. Really. I love R&S. I was going to go with Horizons next year after playing catch-up this semester, but now I'm sold. We'll do R&S grades 2 and 3 next year (which is the equivalent of Horizons 2, because R&S is a slower curriculum). I love the old-school way of teaching math. For now, I'm still supplementing with Abeka because he loves fractions and stuff so much, but in the future, we'll probably just stick with R&S until we switch to Life of Fred (and if LoF doesn't work out, we'll use Saxon... I think he'll love LoF, though, based on how he learns for now).