View Single Post
March 5th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With Hunter we both liked the name before we even discussed children. So once we became pregnant that was the name. His middle name was a bit tougher. We wanted a good Italian middle name that wasn't already in use by family members. I searched online for lots of names and saw Gianni. I thought it sounded perfect and DH agreed.

With this baby it was a bit tougher. We both agreed on a girl name right away, which is Lailey Fiorella. DH really likes Lilly and I really like Laila, but both names seem to be really common at the moment. So we decided to connect them and came out with Lailey. Fiorella is a Italian middle name for flower, and I think it just sounds so perfect. For a boy we had a harder time. There really wasn't any other boy names that I liked. But when we were TTCing I heard the name Liev (pronounced Lee Ehv). I fell in love with it, but DH wanted to still search for more names. So I bought a name book and we both went though names and decided that Liev is it. His middle name will be Garatoni which is DH's family name. I would like Giovanni instead, since Hunter Gianni and Liev Giovanni sounds nice, but I now it's important for DH to use Garatoni especially since our baby's due date is very close to his Noni's birthday. She has passed and her maiden name was Garatoni.