View Single Post
March 7th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was actually placed in a pretty similar situation about a year ago, a friend of the family had a daughter who was pregnant, wanted to go to college, and was pregnant at 16.

The family was healthy, daughter not on drugs, baby would have been very healthy (as far as we knew) and it seemed almost perfect. Another family member had adopted this way, and it actually was pretty perfect. All went well, it didn't cost a large sum of money and there was previous ties to the mother before the baby was adopted, allowing for some discussion time between the actual families.

I even remember titleing my thread exactly the same way, and I swear I knew what this was before I opened it! So all that being said, you may decide that this family is too close to adopt, as you may be uncomfortable later seeing the birth mom, or feeling wierd about the boundaries or expectations there.

OR you may love it. You may love having this shared experience, and knowing that you helped someone you actually know.

I just know similarly what this situation feels like, especially when it's kinda thrust in your lap.