View Single Post
March 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I know just what you mean. Rock'll be 3 in June and he is sort of potty training himself so far (which all I can say is yay, Courtney wasn't this easy, but he is no where near done). With my job I can't do it, and dh won't really.

They do actually tell you NOT to potty train just before a new sibling, they say they often regress when the baby comes. I think it doesn't apply to Rock though since he is already a big brother.

Courtney I did a very little bit with before she turned 3, I was pregnant and just not sure how is part of why I didn't start. But when she turned 3 I felt pressure to do it (plus Rock had just been born, so we were past the regression thing.) I thought the whole thing was absolutely awful though...but when I was done (like 4 months later) we were TOTALLY done (day and night) so at least that was nice. I sort of just found the best thing to do was remove the diaper entirely...

I haven't potty trained number 2, he's the one who'll be 3 in June, so...

I've been told with boys you can do the cheerio trick, though I haven't tried that yet. I've heard from my MIL (she runs a daycare for 0 to 3) that boys train later than girls, Idk, so far Rock is way more into than Courtney, so some of it is just by kid...dh just walked in with dinner I gotta go!