View Single Post
March 10th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My little one is also very tall with an advanced vocabulary, so people are always surprised to learn that she's only four. Preschool is all the rage here (most kids do two years, although many do three) and it seems to be the only thing people talk about when we're at the park or her different activities, etc.. Everyone looks at me like I have three heads when I say we do preschool at home, but no one has ever said anything negative about it. In fact, I find that it kind of intimidates people and they start trying to justify why they send their own children, and they can obviously see that she's doing just fine.

Most kids in our area can write, do simple math, and read to some extent coming into kindergarten, although of course kids come in at all different levels. But that's what is so wonderful about homeschooling...you get to do things on your own time line when your child shows interest and is ready, and you can go as quickly or as slowly as you need to. I know it's sometimes easier said than done, but don't worry about what other people think.