View Single Post
March 10th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim22 View Post
Congrats!! I'm very excited for you!

May I ask a question....not to steal your thread, but if all 8 make it to transfer...who chooses which ones are transferred & how are they chosen??

I wish you the best of luck!!!
~K
Of course!! Well, I will get a report every day at 10 am to let me know how they are growing. The embryologist checks on them once a day first thing in the morning to see their progress. For example, tomorrow they expect them to be at least 2 cells. The embryologist will let me know how many cells they are up to, and which ones are looking best. It's his job to check them for fragmenting, progression, etc. On the morning of transfer (Friday ), they will do one last report and sit down with us to decide which are best to transfer. They will only transfer 2 due to our ages (I'm 28, DH is 29), so we'll pick the best ones. They will "grade" them according to how good they are looking taking everything into consideration. As long as the ones that are leftover are healthy and "strong", we'll be freezing them. I hope that makes sense. It's all new to me as well!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.