View Single Post
March 11th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi there! I'm Amee (21), expecting my first in late June. I was anorexic for 6 years, and recovering (or at least trying)

How did you all deal with the weight gain without going crazy? I was really sick for the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy and didn't gain any weight. I am now 25w1d and have only gained 9 lbs. I honestly talk to my DH about what I am feeling. I know its good that I am gaining weight, as I was underweight when I got pg but it still drives me crazy!

Did you return to full-fledged eating disordered behaviors after giving birth? I honestly hope I don't. I did tell DH I will start exercising to help get toned again, but I do fear I will start restricting calories and exercisig way to much.

Do any of you have daughters? Do you worry about passing on the same behaviors? I am pregnant with a girl and do fear I will pass these traits/behaviors on to them. My mom had an ED in high school, early college years, my sister had an ED for a short time and I had one for a long time. So there is that fear.