View Single Post
March 11th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I can't believe some of these comments. Aren't we supposed to be building one another up and helping each other as moms?! Some people truly cannot breastfeed and should not be judged for that. I was unable to breastfeed my daughter because I had severe Post partum depression and had to go on medication. And yes there are some drugs that are considered safe to take while breastfeeding, however, I am not able to take those drugs. I was antidepressants before pregnant and came off of them as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I had a difficult time finding a medication that worked for me. So I already knew which ones I could take and which ones I could not. I felt it was better for my baby to have a functioning human being for a mother than a depressed and suicidal zombie but be breastfed. I thought long and hard about my decision and spent many days crying over not being able to breastfeed my child. In the end I am at peace with my decision.
Bottom line is no one has any right to judge another mother for her decisions on what is best for her child. It's no one's business whether or not our children are formula fed or breastfed. Plenty of children thrive on formula. If you choose to breastfeed that's great if you cannot or choose not to that is fine as well. What is most important is that our children are healthy and happy.