View Single Post
March 12th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
NO BABY. grrrr
So on Monday I was 1-2 cm and 50% effaced, and I was 2-3cm and 50% effaced on Wed BEFORE my stretch and sweep. Have had some painful contractions since then just nothing regular. This 'false labour' has been going on for 8 days now! Shouldn't be too much longer... especially if I was 2-3cm BEFORE my sweep- and I had wicked contractions after that. I'd be surprised if I wasn't a true 3 by now and in labour by Tuesday or something. (I'm due Monday)
The doc said if I actually make it until my next OB appt she'll likely change my c-section to an induction because I was already considered favorable at 3cm. She said she thinks I'll likely get my vbac.
Then again, it wasn't MY OB that said this. (She's on holiday). Who knows what she thinks is favorable right?
I SO want my VBAC... but after all of this I kind of realize it'll be OK if I end up having a repeat section. I really want a vaginal birth, but I also really just want THIS...the anticipation of going into labour, the false labour, the contractions etc... the NOW knowing WHEN it's going to happen. I feel like I was robbed of all of this last time. I NEVER went into labour or even had 1 contraction so this is just awesome. I love it! And the end result is the same- I get my beautiful baby! The recovery will suck but at least I get to experience THIS!! Dialating and contraction etc... this is just awesome