Topic: no IVF
View Single Post
March 16th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Argh! I'm going to just curl up and cry. So we went through all the testing and everything with the new RE because he thought it would be a good idea just to get another diagnosis and see what he thought -- even if we didn't want to do a third IVF.

He told us today that in his medical opinion I cannot benefit from IVF He said that I'd be better off to just keep trying naturally. He said that given how bad the quality of my embryos are, and that DH's tests are all great (including sperm fragmentation, etc.) it has to be my eggs. But with all the test results being good, he doesn't think a change in medications would do the trick. He said it would be just a roll of the dice and in his opinion, with all we have gone through, he doesn't think I should put myself through that. Instead, he would recommend either trying naturally or a few cycles of timed intercourse and clomid.

When DH pushed, he said that was how his "group" felt and they agreed that they wouldn't do IVF on me.

I didn't want to do a third but this is crushing. DH is convinced that they don't want to hurt their stats. Maybe. I don't know.

I left work and I'm curled in bed. I am not in a good space at all.

I'm sorry I haven't responded to PMs, I'm not in a good frame of mind.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!