View Single Post
March 18th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My midwife is really kind of pushing for an answer on this, and I don't blame her. I'd like to know too LOL, I don't like not having this decided!

We could have the birth here at home. I'd be fine with that EXCEPT it's not really *our* home. We have our own floor, yes, but I don't know how I'd feel about giving birth knowing that DH's family is right upstairs. We share the house with MIL, FIL, and BIL. The ceiling on our apartment doesn't keep sound out very well, and I really wanted this to be just between me, DH, Baby, and our midwife. MIL would probably be nosey nellie, too. There is a chance that they will be in California when the baby is born as my other BIL is graduating with his masters from Berkely the same weekend as my official due date. I would love to have the birth at home if they are gone. But the odds are greater that they will be here.

The other thing is that the pool and everything else is set up at the birth center. Everything is just ready to go and right there.

But, it's a half hour drive, and all of my comforts are here at home, kwim? I don't know... I'm leaning towards the birth center and DH is leaning towards here at home. What would you do if you shared a house with your in-laws? Would you ask them to leave their own home while you gave birth? I don't even know what they would do, and they'd have DS as well. But then it would also be nice to be able to see Jonah during parts of the birth, and to have him here when Evie arrives kwim?

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!