View Single Post
March 19th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the advice/insight ladies.

Bethany, yes my EDD is 5/27 and I see in your siggy that yours is 5/25. I think I was wrong about my O date though (I was charting) and everything seems to be measuring a bit smallish so I tend to just tell people "around the first week of June"

I guess my indecisiveness is because the scales are equally balanced with pros and cons of both. It would be SO nice to be able to just cuddle up with my new family in our bed right after the birth, and not have to worry about getting in the car etc. Also, I know where everything is here, and I feel more in control, whereas when I go to the center I feel as if I am a guest, and kind of passive as to what is going on... one of the reasons I don't want to go to the hospital.

BUT... it would be really great not to worry about the tub, where to put it, setting it up, filling it up, etc. I really don't know where we would put it. We really could just knock on their door and tell them we are going to the center, here's a baby monitor (or here's Jonah if it's in the day.. I always tend to think of going into labor as a night event) I guess if it's at night it wouldn't be so bad, they'd all be in bed anyway! Which reminds me that if they are in Cali when I go into labor, I'll need to find someone to watch Jonah, regardless of if we go to the center or stay at home....

So now I am kind of leaning towards staying at home IF we can work something out with the in-laws. But I might be saying that because DH is really pushing to stay at home.. I don't know I don't want to choose LOL Staying at home does make more sense the more I think about it, because I would probably want to labor here as long as possible, and the midwife said the longest any family has stayed at the center is four hours, but most leave after one or two. So I'm wondering if it's really worth the drive

Thanks ladies, for letting me hash all this out here. It really helps to type it out and see it all laid out there, and also to hear what other women would do!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!