View Single Post
March 23rd, 2010, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It looks like you have lots of great ideas. The only thing I can think of for math is to play some number order games (which number comes next, which number comes before) and maybe introduce her to the concept of simple addition if she's ready. We really liked the Singapore Earlybird workbooks for a solid math foundation if you're looking for something a little more structured. They give ideas for lots of hands-on activities for each lesson, too, which we loved.

I would just follow her lead and if she's really interested in reading, go for it. I don't know that her reading skills are that much more advanced than her other skills, though...she sounds like she's at a solid late preschool/early K level all around.

For handwriting, we use Handwriting Without Tears (as someone already mentioned). We've never used the PreK level, but from what I understand, there is lots of tracing.

Read lots of books together and just have fun. We are currently using Sonlight's P 4/5 world cultures and science (and a few of the read-alouds) and my little one absolutely loves it. I'm learning a lot, too.

Last edited by AmAnDaMo; March 23rd, 2010 at 09:42 AM.