Topic: Recipe share!
View Single Post
April 5th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Amanda
Salsa Chicken Tostadas

I posted a picture of this on my facebook page tonight. It was super yummy and only took 20 minutes from start (completely clean kitchen) to sit down and eat. I cook all my chicken though on the weekend, so I can start each dish with cooked chicken. If you don't cook your chicken before hand, it will take longer.

1lb chicken chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 pkg taco seasoning
1/2 c water
8 tostadas (6 inch)
1 can refried beans
1 jar of salsa
2 cups mexican cheese
1 pkg mexican rice
shredded lettuce
avacodo
sour cream (if desired)

Combine 1 can refried beans, 1/2 jar of salsa, and 1 cup of shredded mex cheese in a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. While that is cooking, place chopped chicken in skillet. Cook for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water. (I used cooked chicken and only added 1/4 cup water). Cook on med low heat until sauce thickens. Once bean dip is finished, stir until a creamy texture and set to the side. Prepare mexican rice (I use 90 sec Uncle Ben) as directed.
Lay out 8 tosadas. Spread bean dip on the bottom of each tostada. (There will be some left over. This is GREAT with chips). Sprinkle rice on the bean dip. (Again, we had some left). Add chicken and top with the remaining 1 cup cheese. Spoon the remaining 1 cup salsa on each tostada. Top with shredded lettuce, avocado slices and sour cream if desired.