View Single Post
April 14th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Super Mommy
After I had my daughter I was on the mini pill. I pumped exclusively for about 4 months then when my supply went away I went to formula! I just continued taking the mini pill even though I wasn't breatfeeding or pumping anymore and this is why I think I got pregnant. After I had my daughter I also had really long cycles (65-70 days) but then when I did get AF it was really heavy and painful. Right now I have the Mirena and exept for a little spotting after I got it I haven't had AF yet. I don't know if it because I am breastfeeding still or because of the Mirena- either way I don't miss having a period! Another thing I have heard is right after you get the Mirena taken out you are really fertile so maybe this is the BC for you The Mirena also is really easy to insert in your doctors office and doesn't hurt much especially if you had a vaginal birth!

It is possible to practice NFP if you know your cycles well, but if not it is very easy to get pregnant! My cycles are all ove the place so it would never work for us. I concieved my daughter on day 14 of my cycle and my son on day 30-35 which is just crazy why I ovulated soo late and was still able to become pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wehadamoment View Post
I'm trying to decide what to do after Jackson is born. I don't want to go on the pill, get shots or anything inserted and DH doesn't like condoms I will be BF which should delay my period for a while, but I heard you can O before you even have your first period?

My friend suggested testing to find out what day I O then avoid sex for that time- has anyone done this? If not, what do/did you do after your LO one born?
BTW: your daughter is soo adorable I would love to see a picture of you and your husband Also a belly picture too! I just love seeing belly pictures- sometimes I miss mine You don't have any pictures of yourself on your Facebook either.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!