View Single Post
April 14th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
We had a closed adoption. We were allowed to send the letters back and forth, but no contact information was ever allowed, they were all signed 'The Birth Mother', 'The Adoptive Parents' and "The Adopted Daughter'. I went through a very tough time when I was around 14 and it was hard on me not knowing who she was, we spoke to the attorney about releasing the files but he said they couldn't do anything until i was 18, and pretty much talked me out of it. I still think about her, and what it woud be like knowing her, but I haven't tried to find her again lately. Anyway, i'm starting to ramble. To answer your question, I honestly don't know. I would probably have to say I would have prefered an open adoption, because now that I have a child of my own, it would be great to know family and medical history, and just more about her.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker