View Single Post
April 14th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Why were you induced the first time? What was the emergency that occurred that required the cesarean?

I was never induced, all my cesareans were scheduled. The first at 38 weeks, the second at 39. When I had my VBA2C, my OB also said he wouldn't let me go past 41 weeks. Then he changed to 41.5. However, I didn't listen to him. LOL

They said my due date was 1/28. But in actuality it was 1/23. I ovulated early, and I had shorter cycles than normal. Plus, I know when I ovulated. So, according to them, I went into labor the morning of 41.4wks, then I had him at 1am on the day of 41.6. In actuality, I was 42.4weeks.

If left to your own devices, you really WILL go into labor. It just may not be on your time frame, or your doctors. That can truly be stressful, but it's really okay. You have to prepare for it mentally, that's for sure! It's important to go into pregnancy knowing that the due date is not accurate. Rather than thinking of your due date, you should add 2 more weeks, and call THAT your due date. That way, if you are of the 50% that go longer than 41 weeks, it wont feel like torture to you.

The other thing to consider, is that most doctors wont induce a VBAC patient. So almost all of us that have had a VBAC have had to go into labor naturally. Many, many of us were induced the first time around (as you will learn is what usually leads to the cesarean in the first place).

That being said, if your doctor just wont give in to his 41 week rule, this is what I'd do: NOT schedule the cesarean. If you make it to your 41 week appointment, schedule it then, and not a day sooner. If you have a surgery date hovering over your head, it will be very stressful. Also, talk to him about induction. There are some safe options for induction that you can try. Ask about a foley catheter.

Good luck! Please feel free to ask any questions you have.
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, Jocelyn, & expecting #5