View Single Post
April 15th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Jess's advice. It helped me to look at each task individually when I felt like that. It also helps to force yourself to tackle it instead of avoiding it. I always found when I was gone for a day and came home to a messy house, I felt even more overwhelmed by it all. It helped to put it in perspective (and still does), by telling myself "This will only take 10 minutes to do" which reminds me that within an hour, I can easily have the house picked up and dishes and laundry done. It's usually just a start to everything I have to do (We all know the work never ends when you have children!) but it's a good start. When there's chaos in my house, I feel like there's chaos in my life/mind. There's definitely a connection for me to with those 2 things.

I agree that is can take some time for medication to kick in. Maybe to see a full effect, it can take up to 6 months. I'm 3 months into my medication and I'm still seeing slow improvement with some things. However, I started feeling better after just a few weeks and things slowly have gotten better since then. I still have occasional bad days, and I try to just take those as they come and use some coping techniques to get through them.

Talking about things can also help. I know it's hard when you have a busy family, but it may be worth it if it helps you feel better. Hang in there mama, we're always here when you need to talk!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!