View Single Post
April 15th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Just wondering if this is a common issue, or if I'm doing something wrong here.

We have a Graco SnugRide 32 for our 5-month-old son. We haven't had his measurements taken lately, but I know he's nowhere near the 32lb limit (more like 16-17lbs?), nor the 32" height limit (more like 26-27"?). He does, however, seem to have a long torso, which I'm wondering if that's part of our problem.

A month or so ago we adjusted the shoulder straps to the highest of the four levels, since that's where his shoulders are when he's sitting in the seat, and since then it just doesn't seem like the straps loosen enough to get him in and out without a struggle! I have TONS of strap left on the bottom strap (by his feet) that you're supposed to pull tighter and loosen, but the loosest that the straps will go is barely enough room to get his arms out. The difference between the straps tightened and the straps loosened is only about an inch at the most. I'm concerned that we're going to have to get a new one soon (WAY before we planned) because he can't get in and out comfortably.

Is this common? Am I doing something wrong? Is there some way to adjust these straps so that they're looser?