View Single Post
April 17th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I was just curious what everyone's plans were when it came to weaning from the breast or pacifier and if using bottles switching to only cups? What have you done in the past if you have other children?

Well, for Derrick I weaned him from bottle/pacifier at 9 months. I had no problems at all and he took great to the cup.

Xavier weaned himself from the breast at 9mos and since he never had a bottle we went straight to cup. No problems. However, we planned on taking away the pacifier at 9 months, however, he was admitted to the hospital (the reason he weaned nursing) and we decided to keep the pacifier until he was about 11mos.

Peyton was weaned from breast at 6mos. We will start weaning from the bottle when we are in the States (she will be about 9mos old). I am already giving her juice/water from a cup and she is doing "ok" with it. As far as the pacifier goes, well usually at 9mos we would wean but we will be in the States and with the stress of travel/time change we will be waiting until we come back to Italy and adjust back to the time - which will be at about 11mos.