View Single Post
April 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Ephesians 4:29
You'll be surprised at how fast things can be done. This year, we're doing reading, writing, math, science, social studies, art, music, and Bible. It takes us appx 30-60 minutes per day to finish. Sometimes less, and on science day, sometimes a little more. Next year we'll be doing 11 subjects, and I'm guessing it'll take us 2 hours (ish) per day. You'll get into a groove. You'll find out how to teach while the toddlers are napping and have them do independent work (like handwriting) when you're busy with the toddlers. I usually like to take a long, hot shower at night after the kids are in bed. Sometimes I'll do it in the morning if I can get dh to eat breakfast with the kids. There are chores around the house that you can have the kids help with also. Even my 17 mo old knows how to put his own toys and clothes in the hamper or box.

Don't panic just yet. You may have a rough start, but who doesn't? You may have days when you just have to throw up your hands and quit. That's ok. You'll also have great days when you get twice as much done as you expected to.