View Single Post
June 3rd, 2006, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to bpinkbutterfly23
I also struggled with PPD.

I was on meds for an anxiety disorder pre-pregnancy and went off when i became pregnant. My pregnancy was very rough. I experienced everything in the book: nausea, spotting due to low-progesterone, back aches, nosebleeds, sharp upper thigh pains, painful feet, headaches, heartburn, gestational diabetes, and group b strep. I was induced. Labor went all day and only progressed to 4 cm. Two epidurals and a shot of epinephrine later from severe drop in blood pressure I was laying on the operating table being cut open. Ava was born on Dec 22. Two days later she developed severe jaundice. We ended up being in the hospital for 5 days over Christmas.
One week later I was started crying, feeling overwhelmed, and had thoughts of my husband leaving me. I was nauseaus all the time. I wasn't eating. The sound of Ava crying made me sick. My mom had to come stay with me to help. I didn't want to get out of bed. I ended up in the ER and had lost 30 pounds in less than 2 weeks. My physician prescribed me some anti-depressants. I have been on them ever since. I made a turn around in about a month. I have been doing well ever since and am still taking meds. I still get lonely and depressed sometimes, but it's nothing I can't get through.