View Single Post
April 23rd, 2010, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well... I was encouraged thinking, YAY, maybe I'm being too hard on myself (and the kids) thinking they have to be "schooling" for hours a day. Then I realized, according to NY State law, I have to cover 900 hours of instruction per year. And if you take a couple months off in the summer, it works out to 5 or 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, I believe. WAH!! So even if I could (at this age, anyway) make good progress with only 3 hours a day, I would have to lie through my teeth on my quarterly reports regarding the hours of instruction. Oy.

Reason #367 the state should stay our of our bidness. If we CAN make great progress and spend hours less a day doing it, thereby having a lot more time for family time & play, or even traveling, why the heck shouldn't we be able to?! Instead, I guess you have to either make stuff up to meet their "time requirements" or spend hours more a day on busy work just so you don't have to be dishonest.

[/url]