Topic: .
View Single Post
April 27th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Okay, I have dealt with severe Hemorrhoids and it SUCKS!! Had them bad with my first, HORRIFIC with my second and went proactive with my third and had none.

My second, they got bad during the pregnancy but I didn't do much to keep it in check. After the birth they were so bad I couldn't sleep for 2 days from the pain and couldn't sit for over a week (and I had no tearing from the birth, so it wasn't that). It was seriously bad.

With Kya, one of my biggest fears was a recurrence of that. My midwife suggested after every bowel movement to press gently inward. That and immediately using prep-H if they started to protrude or hurt and I had almost no problems during the pregnancy and nothing after the birth.

That said, I've never heard of it as a cause for a c/s, but I can sorta see the concern... I would think if you avoid squatting or being flat on your back for delivery would minimize the concern for tearing and/or causing them to worsen.

since we're going with food comparisons, after Nola was born it felt like I had 4 fat baby carrots sticking out of my butt

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!