View Single Post
April 28th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to explain what I said about the isolation a little bit more because looking back I think that it came off wrong and maybe isolation is the wrong word. But with that being said, I think there is starting to become a seperation, there is one child that gets treated completely differently and there is a lot of frustration building up because of that. It's not at all any one person's fault, but it will cause a lot of problems. I know, I've been there. My BF and I butted heads all the time about the disipline problems with my stepson and when he wasn't getting made to behave himself, I threw in the towel and would barely have anything to do with him. That wasn't right for me to do at all, and it only made things worse. If anything, my stepson's behavior only got worse, it didn't help anything.

But mainly, even though not stated in the best way, my point is that you and DH both need to make an effort to treat everyone equally. The disipline has to be the same across the board and no child should be treated differently. And my advice to you would be to not let your frustration get the best of you when dealing with you stepson. Don't give up on him, but also don't let him rule your house. Stick with your rules, but also let him know that he is a part of the family and I'm sure he will start to come around.