JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2004 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f48-2004-playroom/)
-   -   Dare 7: Caring to Include Others (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f48-2004-playroom/1954763-dare-7-caring-to-include-others.html)

LJD3Tdance April 24th, 2010 08:08 AM

Dare 7: Caring to Include Others

So today's dare is about inviting others in! For some mommies with younger kids this may be harder than it is for mommies with bigger kids. What you need to do today is invite somebody over! You don't have to invite them over for today, but you have to invite them today. Maybe you just send a note to soccer practice with your child saying "This is my phone number, my son/daughter would really like it if your son/daughter could come over and play sometime soon."

Maybe you're a mommy of a younger kid who isn't in school or activities and you don't many mommies with kids the same age, you can invite somebody over to play with the baby from the family. Opening up your home for your kids to have people over makes it obvious to them how important they are. Also more love and more friendship from more people is only beneficial to a child, you can't have too many people who love you.

For some this will be a hard dare just because they don't go out there and invite people, but you can't cheat and invite the kid who's already sitting in your living room from next door, if you want to do that, then you need to go above and beyond what you normally do, like invite them to spend the night if they only come to play or invite them to go somewhere with you on the weekend when you don't normally take them along.

This is about inviting somebody over for your child, but that doesn't mean you can't have a mommy play date at the same time!

Share with us your thoughts on this dare!

LJD3Tdance April 26th, 2010 09:39 PM

Re: Dare 7: Caring to Include Others

I finally did it, I needed to be able to send something with her to school cuz the people I wanted to invite I don't have contact info for, so I couldn't do it til it was a school day/night, etc.

MReel11008 April 27th, 2010 07:47 PM

I actually invited a girl's daughter who lives down the road over the other day to come play. We don't see many kids outside of our family so I thought it would be a good thing to do to get Nicolas used to meeting others he doesn't know and even better in an environment he does know.

LJD3Tdance April 28th, 2010 08:48 PM

This reminds me I also need to check my e-mail.

LJD3Tdance May 19th, 2011 10:07 PM

Just in case anybody is interested here is 7.

LJD3Tdance June 10th, 2011 12:10 AM

I invited people over today for Tuesday.