JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2004 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f48-2004-playroom/)
-   -   Dare 9: Caring to Ask (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f48-2004-playroom/1956218-dare-9-caring-to-ask.html)

LJD3Tdance April 25th, 2010 09:53 PM

Dare 9: Caring to Ask

So sometimes when we spend time with our kids we forget the most obvious thing, asking them what to do. So today whatever time you choose to spend quality with them, no matter how much it is, ask them what they want to do, and don't have expectations, just do it.

This dare is short and simple, I'll leave it that way, just ask, it's up to them, not me.

Sorry if your kid doesn't talk, you'll have to take cues, lol.

Share your thoughts with us on the dare.

ILoveMyMayBaby April 26th, 2010 01:24 PM

Re: Dare 9: Caring to Ask

So far the day has been fun..... We colored together this morning, put about 60 toys in the tub during bath time, had lunch at McDonalds, and we are now watching a movie together!

LJD3Tdance April 26th, 2010 05:45 PM

haha I remember doing the 60 toys thing when I was a kid, lol.

MReel11008 April 27th, 2010 07:51 PM

We will be doing this one this week sometime as well. I know I'm a little behind lately but trying to catch up to everyone. I'm sure we will end up going to the park to swing and McDonalds to eat! He loves that and usually is what he wants to do if he gets a choice.

mylene169 April 27th, 2010 09:29 PM

I've been trying to do this daily. Since Kaija is 2, allowing her to make her own choices is pretty important I feel. I may not just ask what she wants to do, but I'll give her 2 options of what we can do - sandbox or bike? nuggets or fishsticks? I think she likes the 'control' and I like how excited she gets when she gets that little look on her face while trying to decide which she wants more!

LJD3Tdance April 28th, 2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MReel11008 (Post 19981920)
We will be doing this one this week sometime as well. I know I'm a little behind lately but trying to catch up to everyone. I'm sure we will end up going to the park to swing and McDonalds to eat! He loves that and usually is what he wants to do if he gets a choice.

Once again, I'm running the thing, and I need to do Dare 8 right now!!! I just posted Dare 12 for tomorrow, Gah!

LJD3Tdance May 22nd, 2010 04:37 PM

I did this today. All she wanted to do was have me watch her play a game...lol.

LJD3Tdance June 17th, 2011 01:27 PM

He wanted to play Wii and have me watch, was kinda not quality time, but that's what he wanted to do. I started to fall asleep and he kept asking if I was watching, so he did care I was there.