JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2005 Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f166-2005-birth-stories/)
-   -   Chandler Gage Riley (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f166-2005-birth-stories/103017-chandler-gage-riley.html)

rileykidsmom November 12th, 2005 08:28 AM

Nov. 9

I started having contractions at 1 am. I got the kids bags ready for school in the morning and called my dad to give me a ride to the hospital. James was in Colorado. We had to get gas and all that junk so by the time we made it to the hospital it was 3:10 am. The whole ride there I was praying they would give me an epidural right away, I was hurting bad. I was looking for my insurance card at the check in desk when my water broke. They rushed me in the room and got me in a gown. They checked me and imagine the surprise of everyone when they realized I was 9 cm!!! So, no pain meds for me. :angry2: The doctor got there and it was time to push. I pushed a few times and Chandler Gage was born at 3:41 am!! I was at the hospital for 30 minutes before he was born. I am amazed at myself. Can't believe I walked in there at 9 cm! He has a little bit of blonde hair and blue eyes, he is perfect. Breastfeeding is going good. Recovery has been great. Here are his stats:

Chandler Gage Riley
7 lb 12 oz
19 in.
Nov. 9 3:41 am

M!che!!e November 12th, 2005 09:20 AM

jumpin from dec ddc

congrats!! that was amazing how quick it went. im glad everything is ok and i cant wait to see pics.

i love reading the nov. ladies stories since we are next up at bat!

~Trina~ November 12th, 2005 12:10 PM

Dang... you really outta give me some labor pointers .... I can't seem to get these dang kids outta me in less than 12 hours ... much less in under 4!!!

Congrats hun!!

playwithlights November 12th, 2005 04:30 PM

ack if i dont get pain meds everyone there will hate me lol.

but congrats! cant wait to see pics of him amy :)

Anne07Nov05 November 13th, 2005 12:34 AM

Wow, Amy, that's incredible! What a fast labor! Thank goodness you got to the hospital when you did!

Was this your first delivery without pain meds?

rileykidsmom November 13th, 2005 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Anne07Nov05@Nov 13 2005, 02:34 AM
Wow, Amy, that's incredible!* What a fast labor!* Thank goodness you got to the hospital when you did!

Was this your first delivery without pain meds?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Yes, this was my first without meds. And to tell you the truth it was the best. Especially recovery. I was up walking and taking a shower within the hour, something I could never have done had I gotten an epidural. It hurt like heck, but as soon as he came out it was over. All the pain was gone except for the little bit of stitching and I didn't care at that point!

Ally_Aguero November 13th, 2005 03:57 PM

Dam that was a fast labor and delivery..Mine was 2 1/2 hours total I wish I could have a delivery like that

babies November 14th, 2005 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rileykidsmom@Nov 12 2005, 11:28 AM
Nov. 9

I started having contractions at 1 am. I got the kids bags ready for school in the morning and called my dad to give me a ride to the hospital. James was in Colorado. We had to get gas and all that junk so by the time we made it to the hospital it was 3:10 am. The whole ride there I was praying they would give me an epidural right away, I was hurting bad. I was looking for my insurance card at the check in desk when my water broke. They rushed me in the room and got me in a gown. They checked me and imagine the surprise of everyone when they realized I was 9 cm!!! So, no pain meds for me. :angry2: The doctor got there and it was time to push. I pushed a few times and Chandler Gage was born at 3:41 am!! I was at the hospital for 30 minutes before he was born. I am amazed at myself. Can't believe I walked in there at 9 cm! He has a little bit of blonde hair and blue eyes, he is perfect. Breastfeeding is going good.* Recovery has been great. Here are his stats:

Chandler Gage Riley
7 lb 12 oz
19 in.
Nov. 9 3:41 am
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

whoa! no pain meds! How was it??!! ouchy!

Proverbs31Mom November 14th, 2005 11:09 AM

Wow! I should have this type of drive through delivery!!

Congrats!