JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2005 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1827-2005-playroom/)
-   -   Public, private or home school? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1827-2005-playroom/2528167-public-private-home-school.html)

Rachel May 17th, 2012 07:13 AM

Public, private or home school?

Which does your child attend? What do you love most about it?

pattyandthemoos May 17th, 2012 07:59 AM

Re: Public, private or home school?

Homeschool but to be honest I really wish there were more education options.

Rachel May 17th, 2012 08:13 AM

Me too, Patty! Daniel is in public. I really like the Elementary and Middle schools in our area. Not thrilled with the high school, but it wasn't the worst in the County.

BensMom May 17th, 2012 09:28 AM

Homeschool... I like the freedom!

Hazel May 17th, 2012 02:15 PM

We hated the local public school and Sterling went less than two weeks. He goes to a charter school in the next town over and we love it :) The teachers are great and are so willing to work with the students and parents to find solutions to problems :)

mighttyjomomma May 17th, 2012 08:24 PM

Public, really no problems here. We are trying a new district next year though so this will be interesting.

Rachel May 18th, 2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazel
We hated the local public school and Sterling went less than two weeks. He goes to a charter school in the next town over and we love it :) The teachers are great and are so willing to work with the students and parents to find solutions to problems :)

My sister in law teaches at a charter school in Baltimore. If that were an option for us we would definitely go with it!

I really am happy with the elementary school here. My oldest son went to the middle school that Will attends and Clayton will attend next year.

docsmomma May 19th, 2012 07:20 PM

David is homeschooled. Melanie is homeschooled with speech therapy in the public school and Joey recieves speech therapy at home, but we are looking at public school for pre-K next year part time before going homeschool for Kinder, just to help with his social skills (and to give me a chance to let go a bit)

sarahmomma May 23rd, 2012 05:25 PM

My older two go to a public school and my youngest son goes to a private pre-school twice a week to gain social skills. I would personally prefer to homeschool but two of our children have Autism and we live in the boonies so it would mean missing out on a lot of social learning with other children. ( I am not saying all homeschooled children do just in our situation)

Justanic May 24th, 2012 08:50 AM

Owen goes to a charter school.

Julz81 June 10th, 2012 06:34 PM

Both of my kids go to public school here, i'm really happy so far with their school.

LovinMyGirls June 11th, 2012 02:00 PM

Both go to public. Nice class sizes, awesome teachers & so far I'm pleased with the district.