JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2006 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1828-2006-playroom/)
-   -   Who still has... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1828-2006-playroom/2265296-who-still-has.html)

1+twins March 3rd, 2011 01:39 PM

Who still has...

a nighttime bed wetter? We do :( I feel terrible for her bc she really does try, but she just can't feel it at night. We have tried cutting drinks off earlier, waking her before we go to bed etc... nothing works. Anyone else? Dr. didn't seem to concerned and said it could last till 9 or so. UGH!

nvr.4.gtn March 3rd, 2011 02:35 PM

Re: Who still has...

we are night trained, but my sisters kids were not till 9 and 11.
her doctor said he was not concerned till after 9 as well. Then they just look at the bladder and such to see if there is anything wrong with e muscles ect. If nothing medically, all they can do is medicate, but most docs will say that is a last thing kidna thing. So hang in there it is normal to bedwet at this time

queenofthecastle March 4th, 2011 11:34 AM

Christian still wears pull ups to bed. I'm not worried about it yet. His pedi said that it's normal up to age 10 to still have night time wetting.

soninole March 6th, 2011 04:25 PM

Peyton is also. He does not wake up at all. And he goes so much at night that I would be afraid to even start. I am just taking it easy and not too concerned about it.

Nina March 10th, 2011 04:49 PM

We're no where near night time trained. We could stop giving him drinks at 5 and he'd still wet the bed. :( I'm thinking by the end of the Summer we'll start really trying.

xxx

gina! March 13th, 2011 09:54 AM

brady wets the bed at least once a week. he does not wear pull ups to bed. i just wash his sheets a lot (and we have a really good mattress cover dh got at a mattress store)

he also pees in his pants frequently during the day.....not usually enough to soak through to his pants, but i often find his undies damp.

the nighttime peeing is a non issue for me. but during the day there is no excuse for it. he just waits too long because he doesn't want to stop what he is doing. i finally told him every time i found his undies wet during the day, he was going to lose his DS for a day.

*Valerie* March 15th, 2011 10:26 AM

This was Troy and we tried very similar things that you mentioned. The Ped also said not to worry. But all of a sudden, it stopped. So hopefully it will be the same for you

BensMom March 15th, 2011 02:54 PM

Still in pull-ups here, too. The doc told us not to worry until 7-8. :shrugs: He tries, but he's still about 1/2 and 1/2.

twinmom06 January 22nd, 2014 01:12 PM

Mine are still in pull-ups and they are 7, going on 8 in Sept. uggggh! I was thinking of trying to use the disposable pads instead of pull-ups in hopes that waking up wet enough might trigger the waking up to go eventually.

My kids sleeps so darn hard. Anyone have any things to try that have worked.

xoxo TwinMom