JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2006 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1828-2006-playroom/)
-   -   Santa (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1828-2006-playroom/2597270-santa.html)

quietsong November 19th, 2012 08:41 PM

Santa

What's your take on him? Any plans to go visit? Have any of our 06'ers learned the big secret yet?

Kimchi November 20th, 2012 05:12 AM

Re: Santa

We will go and see him a few times this Christmas. Plus, he comes to our house on Christmas eve and personally hands gifts to the kids

Julka November 20th, 2012 11:48 AM

They saw Santa on Saturday at a local Children's Place store; Santa came, gave out craft ornaments and candy canes, and allowed the parents to take a picture with him! It was super cute... & a free picture!

Oh, and yes, he comes to our house Christmas night... and leaves presents under the tree. Natasha still very much so believes in Santa. I'll let her believe as long as she wants, but when she's ready for the truth, I'll tell her the truth.

Jaidynsmum November 20th, 2012 12:23 PM

Jaidyn still believes. There will be a Santa's Grotto at the school Christmas Fayre this weekend so she'll pay him a visit, but she has already told me that he's not the real Santa (because he's too busy).

MellieB November 20th, 2012 03:24 PM

Jas still believes but only just. She's starting to question things. We're thinking this might be the last year she'll believe. I am so not ready for her not to believe. She's still far to young to stop if you ask me. We'll take the girls to get their photo done in a few weeks. Not sure if Lucy will agree to go any where near him but we'll see.

quietsong November 21st, 2012 05:40 AM

Eric is totally into Santa still, though I'm not sure when we're going to see him yet this year. I have a feeling some of the kids at school, though, are going to start talking about him though - we have a few mature 7 year olds that I can just see not believing, you know? Not sure how I'm going to deal with that yet when it comes!

FamilyShorty November 26th, 2012 06:39 PM

What's your take on him? I don't really have a strong opinion one way or another.

Any plans to go visit? No. My girls don't like it so I don't push it.

Have any of our 06'ers learned the big secret yet? No. Someone at school told her but she didn't believe him.

Twinkle November 28th, 2012 05:34 PM

We don't do Santa really big. My thoughts have evolved over time, and if the kids believe in it I let them. We don't leave cookies out or anything, but they get excited when they see someone dressed up as Santa. Our Church does a big St. Nicholas celebration, and the kids are really into that.

Butter November 30th, 2012 05:20 AM

I've always been neutral on Santa. By 6 neither Ani nor Cameron believed in him, but Fritz totally does. I doubt we'll go see him. We don't usually. He still leaves gifts no matter if you believe or not (kids here don't get presents from parents, just Santa).