JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2007 Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f426-2007-birth-stories/)
-   -   Gavin Lee (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f426-2007-birth-stories/632683-gavin-lee.html)

Annie37 July 3rd, 2007 09:30 PM

Gavin's Emergency C-Section

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are finally home,as of yesterday. Thought I would share the story of my sweet little Gavin Lee's birthday. On June 14, my day started out lousy,as I discovered my PC had crashed,the hard drive died. I was NOT a happy camper,as I was on bedrest since April due to placenta previa,and the internet was my only real link to the outside world. That afternoon, I went to the bathroom and discovered I was bleeding, which I had been hospitalized for twice before. Also had 2 more bleeds after the hospitalizations,which ended as quickly as they began.
THIS one didn't stop. I called my mom & hubby at work, telling him to come home. I was still on the toilet,thinking it would stop as it had so many times before, angry that I was likely going back to the hospital for a lengthy stay, when I got very dizzy. THIS didn't happen before. I had the presence of mind to dial 911, and somehow told the guy where I lived, and made it to the loveseat to lay down. DH arrived before the ambulance, and they arrived, got me on the stretcher,and to the local hospital (where I did NOT want to deliver) . They couldn't find the baby's heartbeat, and when they finally did,it was 190. I was given anesthesia & an emergency C/S. WHen I awoke, I was being given a blood transfusion, got 4 units, and told my baby was fine, & on oxygen. Only a day later the DR told me we both nearly didn't make it.
Finally was reunited w/ him about 10:30 PM (was born at 3:37PM) . He weighted 6'11,and was 5 weeks early. The pain from the C/S was EXCRUCIATING, just horrible. We went home 3 days later,on Sunday the 17th. I was rying real hard to breastfeed,and he seemed to be doing fine, but at his appt back at the hospital on Tuesday,he was found to have very high biliruben levels,and was down to 5'8. They ordered phototherapy w/ a Wallaby macine at home. Next day he was up to 5'11,and the levels were down to 12 from the 21 day before. Went home,he refused to eat,was very limp & lifeless. That night,we rushed him to another hospital's ER, where he stopped breathing. They stabalized him ,and rushed him to Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City. He was put on a respirator & fedding tube for several days, and DH & I stayed at a Ronald McDOnald House. The MRI showed damage from the loss of oxygen at birth,we won't know the full extent of the damage for years,likely. He seems to be doing fine,is eating well & SUCH a sweet baby. I can't tell any difference from my other 3 babies. I sincerely wish that I had taken the risks of placenta previa more seriously... I never thought that would happen to me (us). Many,many people prayed for the little guy. He truly is a miracle.

Annie37 July 3rd, 2007 09:43 PM

Here are a few pics:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...-13-13_014.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...-12-12_013.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...hy11/baby2.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...thy11/Baby.jpg

PennyLane1121 July 3rd, 2007 10:49 PM

Wow. Im so glad both of you are ok. He is a handsome lil fellow! Man, I am just so glad you guys are ok. I dont know what else to say. Thats an incredible story. Thank Goodness. Im very happy for you, but im so sorry it was such a rough time.

azchela July 4th, 2007 11:05 AM

Oh mama I am so glad you both are okay!!! :inlove:

He is beautiful and certainly is a miracle - thanks for sharing your story with us!

:dothug:

VoodooGirl July 4th, 2007 11:12 AM

He is so beautiful :inlove: Thank you for sharing your story and I'm glad you are both ok.

melissafecher July 4th, 2007 02:25 PM

what a miracle!!! i'll pray for him to get well ASAP :D

zoecat3 July 4th, 2007 08:10 PM

What a scary birth experience you had. I'm so glad to hear you are both doing well right now. I hope there is no future problems in his future from the lack of oxygen. Thanks for sharing your story.

LeeG July 4th, 2007 10:55 PM

OH MY!!! :blink: That would have been so scary! I'm just so glad your both okay! :inlove: He is so beautiful! :wub: I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts! Thank you for sharing your birth story!

Annie37 July 5th, 2007 04:58 AM

Thank you all! Well he seems to be doing just fine,was back up to his birth weight at his Dr appt on Monday! He is a very sweet baby,he has the funniest little expressions,and loves to be cuddled,sung & talked to! Seems normal in every regard,to me,acts just like my other 3 babies did as a newborn.I am very hopeful that he will be just fine!

LavenderGoddessV July 5th, 2007 09:44 AM

Oh my gosh, Iím so glad everything was alright and your right he was truly a miracle.
I know that mustíve been so scary for you and Iím glad that everything went alright!
He is so adorable!

beckswith2 July 5th, 2007 11:30 AM

I am so glad that you are both ok!! What a scary experience. Your little miracle is a cutie!!

soaplady July 5th, 2007 07:09 PM

Wow, what a scary story! I am very glad you oth made it through delivery. Thank you for sharing your story. Hopefully it will help other mommies with PP. Congratulations on your sweet baby boy!

Mommy2Jack July 6th, 2007 04:50 AM

What a scary experience, you are a star mama for going through all of that. Your little man is just precious; and I am happy he is much better now :wub:

phoenixratz July 6th, 2007 10:21 AM

Wow! That all sounds SO scary! I am glad you are both okay now though! He is a very beautiful little boy. Congratulations momma!

Ms.Michelle July 6th, 2007 05:09 PM

:blink:
I've read a lot of birth stories, and there are tons of women who think they needed emerency c-sections.. You are the real McCoy.. I'm so thankful you were there enough to call 911. I'm so proud of you.

Gavin is so sweet. His little pictures are perfect. I hope for you, all the healing dust in the world. :dust: You did so great to go through all of this. You rock!

Quote:

Thank you all! Well he seems to be doing just fine,was back up to his birth weight at his Dr appt on Monday! He is a very sweet baby,he has the funniest little expressions,and loves to be cuddled,sung & talked to! Seems normal in every regard,to me,acts just like my other 3 babies did as a newborn.I am very hopeful that he will be just fine![/b]
:wub:

Momma*of*Four July 6th, 2007 08:53 PM

Glad you and baby are ok... he is such a sweet heart, thanks for sharing your birth story and Welcome to the July DDC.

Momo July 8th, 2007 01:28 PM

What an amazing birth story! I too had placenta previa and it is scary to deal with! It took me a while to recover physically and emotionally from my birth. I pray for a swift recovery for yours. Your baby is beautiful and such a precious miracle. I'm glad you both made it. He is just lovely. And big brother looks so proud. :)

hockeymomto4boys July 9th, 2007 04:05 PM

Wow, how scary! :o I'm so relieved to hear that everything turned out good and you and baby are healthy an happy! :wub: Thanks for sharing!

Olathe July 22nd, 2007 08:55 PM

wow thats so scary! Im glad you both are doing good now !