JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2007 Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f426-2007-birth-stories/)
-   -   The birth of beautiful Hayden Andrew (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f426-2007-birth-stories/639641-birth-beautiful-hayden-andrew.html)

mt23hc July 9th, 2007 10:56 AM

<span style="color:#9acd32">I ended up having an epidural sometime during that and I think it did relieve a lot of the pain for me. But still, my body wasn't responding well to any of this...the doctor came in and checked me again and I was only about 2cm so around 2:00p on July 4, they decided to do a C-section...
Because I had so much swelling and whatnot they decided to do a classical c-section (up and down cut versus side to side)...it starts at the pubic line up to my belly button...
During the C-section is when the scariest things began...
They took me and Jake to the OR...and when the doctor began cutting, I could feel it, I told them and the anesthesiologist gave me more meds...
After that I blacked out...Jake said my heartbeat started slowing dramatically on the monitor and I stopped breathing. The anesthisiologist then began saying "Melissa, Melissa....!" and hooked me up to oxygen quickly and did a few breaths for me which brought me to again...he then said "whew, we almost lost her" which of course, scared Jake to death...
During the rest of the c-section I felt a lot of pain and went in and out of conciousness...I remember Hayden coming out and I heard him cry! I vaguely remember Jake showing him to me...but the anesthisiologist took a picture of him showing Hayden to me...They said his APGAR was 8/9 which is wonderful for a c-section baby...
They then took me to another room (don't remember any of this at all) and I had an AMAZING nurse...
unfortunately though, my body wasn't handling all of this well...my blood pressure dropped DRAMATICALLY and she began giving me medication...she has been a nurse for 25 years and during that whole time she has never given more than 20cc's of the meds to stabilize someone and she had to give me over 100cc's...my bleeding wouldn't stop and they were concerned my liver may have ruptured...they did an ultrasound though and ruled that out...
At some point she finally stabilized me and they kept me in the labor section of the hospital being closely monitored the whole night...
Jake and my mom stayed with me the WHOLE time and my dad, stepmom, and other family members stayed nearby...
The next day they moved me to the mother-baby side where I finally could hold Hayden! I was on a lot of med's and still have a hard time remembering those two days...
They kept me in the hospital from July 3-July 7 and they finally let us come home...
We're now home and Hayden is doing GREAT! He is beautiful! My c-section is still uncomfortable and that makes things a little struggle but I have amazing family and they, especially my mom, have helped me tremendously!
At this point, I feel tired, of course, and my only concern is that I have really lacked an appetite...I am NEVER hungry and when I do eat it's very small amounts...I have a doctor's appt on Friday to have my staples removed...
My mom took pictures which I will share at some point but right now, I am going to go rest and feed my beautiful little guy!!</span>

VoodooGirl July 9th, 2007 11:10 AM

You sure did have a scary experience but Im glad everything turned around and you have good support around you to help.

Momma*of*Four July 9th, 2007 03:25 PM

What a scarey experience that must of been, it scared me reading it... Im glad you are alright though and that baby Hayden came safely into the world.... Cant wait to see pics of the lil dude... CONGRATULATIONS!!

Mom2MacyandDru July 9th, 2007 04:25 PM

wow! it sounds like you had a very scary experience. i am glad that both you and baby are home and doing well. i do wish you a speedy recovery

dianaw July 9th, 2007 04:41 PM

omg how scary!!! I am so glad you and baby are all right!!!!

Ms.Michelle July 10th, 2007 12:45 PM

I'm so glad you shared your story with us.. very scary!

hockeymomto4boys July 10th, 2007 02:20 PM

Wow, what an experience!! :o I'm so glad you and your lil' guy are doing fine!! Thanks for sharing your Birth story!! :smile:

phoenixratz July 11th, 2007 06:43 PM

OMG(osh) Melissa!!! That is so scary! I hope you have a very very speedy recovery, and that life gets a little easier for you. Congrats on little Hayden... he is so handsome! :inlove: I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures!

LeeG July 11th, 2007 08:10 PM

Very scary indeed!! :blink: I'm so glad you and Hayden are doing well now! :smile: Thank you for sharing your story!

soaplady July 11th, 2007 08:14 PM

Holy sh*t, Melissa, what a scary experience! I'm sure your Dh was scared to death! I am sooooo glad you and Hayden are alright!!! thank you so much for telling us about it!!!!!

Olathe July 22nd, 2007 10:00 PM

wow that must have been so scary for you and dh! Im glad you are both doing better now !