JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2007 Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f426-2007-birth-stories/)
-   -   Bryson Thomas' Birth Story (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f426-2007-birth-stories/778832-bryson-thomas-birth-story.html)

Husher October 22nd, 2007 03:34 PM

On Thursday morning around 6:00 a.m. (10/18) I woke up when DH left for work and there was a good amount of watery fluid when I stood up. I thought it could be my water but decided to go back to bed. I got up an hour later and had the same fluid and got really excited. I just knew Bryson was finally coming. I got things ready for the hospital and told my mom she should go to work with me just in case. Right before leaving for work I went to the bathroom again and there was bloody show. I was ecstatic! I called my doctor's office when I got in to work and they had me come right in. They confirmed it was my water and sent me on my way to the hospital. I got there around 1:00 p.m. and they immediately wanted me to take pitocin because I was only having a few painless contractions but I refused it until 12 hours had passed. So we just sat there from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. playing games and chatting until they started the pitocin at 6:30. I finally started having painful contractions around 9:00 p.m. and by midnight I was in a lot of pain but was dealing well. I had them check my cervix at midnight and was a bit disappointed to find that I was only 4 cm. By 4:00 a.m. I thought I wasn't going to be able to take the pain any longer and was seriously considering taking the epidural. I had been up almost 24 hours and could hardly think straight from being so tired when the contractions came. Some were coming less than a minute apart and even slowing down the pitocin wasn't helping to space them at all. At 5:00 a.m. I had them check my cervix again. I had decided if I wasn't at least 8 cm I was going to have to take some pain medication so I could rest. To our delight I was 9 cm!! I knew I could do it then. Around 6:30 a.m. I felt like I had to push and that's when I got really focused and prepared myself for what was to come. After pushing for over an hour my water officially broke and that was a huge relief!! It actually burst out across the room and splattered all over the wall! :lol: By 9:00 a.m. I felt like I was having an out of body experience. I was pushing with all of my strength and knew it was almost over. It was so intense!! When Bryson crowned I thought I was going to lose it. I actually asked the doctor to pull him out. The burning sensation that I felt was the most insane thing I have ever felt in my entire life. With the next contraction his head popped out and I actually reached down to pull him out myself because I wanted him out of me so badly! :lol: DH was quick enough to grab my hands though and the doctors took it from there. He was placed immediately on my belly and was beautiful!!! I still can't believe I did it without pain medications. DH says I'm his hero now. :wub:

Bryson Thomas was born at 9:22 a.m. on October 19, 2007. He weighed 9 lbs. 10 oz. and was 22 inches long. I had no idea my body could produce such a big baby! I will post pictures soon.

tracihieserich October 22nd, 2007 05:50 PM

Wow!!! You are my hero too!! I will take the pain meds. Can't wait to see his pics!!!

mommy2tns October 25th, 2007 05:12 PM

Cindy I am so happy for you guys!!! I can't wait to see Bryson :) I feel like I have a long distance nephew, lol!! Congrats at doing it w/o meds too! I don't think I can do it w/o meds. I am so excited and happy for you!!!!!! <3333

momme October 26th, 2007 09:46 PM

What a super sweet birthstory. Congrats and welcome to the world little man!

Husher November 11th, 2007 02:41 PM

Thanks ladies!! :wub:

And Liza, you do have a long distance nephew. He can't wait to meet his little cousin!! :D