JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2007 Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f426-2007-birth-stories/)
-   -   Brennan Richards Birth Story (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f426-2007-birth-stories/788753-brennan-richards-birth-story.html)

~Tiffany~ October 30th, 2007 10:40 AM

Thursday, October 25, 2007- I was scheduled for induction at 7am but I received a call from the hospital to put my induction on hold because they didn't have any open rooms. I was having back aches on and off all day but I thought they were just that, a back ache. I went for a couple of walks throughout the day and did some yard work with DH hoping that would help me go into labor on my own. At about 9 pm my "back aches" seemed to start to be timeable. Come to find out they were contractions (I was not expeting a contraction to be only in my back). They were about 5-7 min apart. I decided to try and get some sleep at about 11pm.

Friday, October 26, 2007- I woke up at 12:30 because contractions were getting a little stronger but bearable. I decided to time them for 2 hours they were 5 min aprt and became about 3 min apart. I called the midwife at 3am and she advised to go to labor and delivery!! We arrived at l&D at 3:45am. They weren't kidding when they said they had no rooms!! They put me in a room to share with someone else.
5:00 am- I was almost 2cm dialated when I arrived. I thought I would have been further dialated.
8:00 am- My midwife broke my water
8:10 am- Contractions started geting really strong (all in my back)
10:00 am- I was given stadol (sp) the back labor was horrible
11:00 am- Dialated to 4cm Contract every 2-3 min
12:00 pm- Finally go my own room, by this time I was a little out of it from the stadol
1:00 pm- Dialated to a 5 and in alot of pain. The back pain was WAY worse than I could have imagined. Thankfully the stadol helped me rest in between contractions.
1:30 pm- The pain was getting worse and they offered the epidural again and at that point I still didn't want it but I didn't want the pain either so I agreed to get the epidural.
1:45 pm- I was given the epidural and felt much better :)
2:50 pm- I felt more pressue with my contractions and the nurse had me lay on my left side. within seconds I was having a ton of pressure in my bottom. I was like woah, I have alot of presseure!!! To our surprise the Midwife came running in and checked me and said Oh, are you ready to have a baby! I said, WHAT!!! Already!!!
2:55 pm- I started pushing!! DH was yelling, He is right there, he is right there!!! Once again I was like WHAT, Already!!! :lol:

I pushed 4 times and his head was out!!! One more push and we welcomed Brennan Richard into the world!!!
5 pushes total, I could not believe it :bluecheer: !!

Brennan Richard was Born at 3:01 pm
7lns 8 oz 20 in long
APGAR 9/9

It was the best moment of my life! He is so beautiful and a great baby!!