View Single Post
May 5th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really get annoyed with the 'healthy baby' crap. Doesn't mom matter? If mom had a grade 3-4 tear and is in pain after birth, if she needs to be sewn back up and the re-construction takes 1.5 hours, she is not healthy. That is not normal. It isn't just about the baby. It is about mom too, and her future and how she feels!

With Evie the doctor did an internal exam after she was born to 'check my scar' which is a totally wrong thing to do. HE didn't tell me what he was doing, he just looked at my husband and said, 'she isn't going to like this' and then did an internal, past my cervix and into my uterus. I have had some people tell me that is no big deal! No big deal?!?!?! He assaulted me. He inserted his hand into my vagina without my consent. That is a huge friggin deal!!!! And guess what? It has been two years and I still think back to that birth and get angry. At him and at myself for not firing him sooner!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me