JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f547-2008-birth-stories/)
-   -   Riley Evans and Reagan Elizabeth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f547-2008-birth-stories/968020-riley-evans-and-reagan-elizabeth.html)

kwilder March 9th, 2008 09:13 PM

I went in for my 2nd appointment of the week on Thursday March 6, 2008. I was 34 weeks and 1 day. I had been sick since Monday with strep throat. The day started out with the normal NST. During the NST one of the babies had a deceleration in her heart rate again. The nurse tracked for another 1/2 hour or so and sent me up for my biophysical profile. During the BPP the u/s tech metioned that the babies were not as active as they had been. I confirmed that I had noticed this too. The last two days I did not have much spontaneous movement. I could get them to move if I pushed around and stuff, but not much on their own. Next, I went to a room to see the dr. He looked concerned over the NST strips and mentioned that there were several other dips in heart rate on the strip that the nurse had not told me about- some associated with contractions. He sent me over for a contraction stress test. This was put to a screetching hault when after the first two contrations we saw MAJOR heart decels.

I was sent over to pre-op to get ready for a c-section. It was 11:30 and the section was scheduled for 2:00. My Dh and I were supposed to close on our buy and sell of our houses at 3:00 that day. Immediately my Dh got on the phone and the attorney met me in the pre-op area to sign papers. I guess there is always a first.

Shortly after, I was take to surgery. Riley Evans was born at 2:04 weighing 4lbs 2 oz. Reagan Elizabeth was born at 2:05 weighing 3lbs 10 oz. They both had good apgars but were taken immediately to NICU. They both were put on cpap. Riley only needed for the forced air (no extra oxygen) and Reagan need 25% oxygen.

They were both taken of cpap and were on room air only by Friday. They are off all tubes, IVs, etc. They will be under the lights for a few days and need to gain weight. They have to feed 40 ml's before they can leave the hospital. We expect to only be here another 7 days or so.

jentanne March 9th, 2008 10:48 PM

Sounds like all three of you are doing well. I am glad your doctor was keeping such a good eye on you!! Congrats on your beautiful girls!!!

Mommy2Amara&Kayori March 9th, 2008 11:05 PM

I am glad your doctor paid good attention to everything. Congrats on your 2 little girls!!!

tanya74 March 10th, 2008 07:22 AM

Congrats! That's great that they are doing so well and will be able to come home soon!

4boys March 10th, 2008 07:53 AM

Congrats!! I'm so glad they are doing so well and will be able to come home soon!

jillylicious March 10th, 2008 08:45 AM

Congrats hon, I'm glad they'll be home soon!

Momoftriplets08 March 10th, 2008 06:12 PM

Congratulations on your twins!!! :cheer: :cheer: Sounds like they are doing wonderfully. I"m having my triplets tomorrow at 36 weeks and my original edd was in April too.

ladyellise March 10th, 2008 06:47 PM

AWww congrats hun! I am glad they are doing well :) keep us updated!

Tonya_Ashlyn March 11th, 2008 12:17 PM

What a great story! I am so glad that they are doing good!

WantTY3 March 11th, 2008 05:14 PM

Congratulations!! I can not wait to see pics!! Take care and keep us posted.

amylynne01 March 12th, 2008 10:25 AM

Popping in from the Dec 07 playroom...

The same thing happened to me when I had Elise. I was induced on the day that my hubby and I were supposed to close on our new house! Just like you, they came to the hospital for us to sign. It will be quite a story to tell our little ones!

Congrats on the twins. Hope they come home soon!

TallyGirl22 March 16th, 2008 08:13 AM

Congrats hun!!!

Celeste1576 March 18th, 2008 04:31 PM

What an amazing story.... How are the babies? Looking for updates.

Bermuda Girl March 21st, 2008 05:27 AM

Wow Kristy - those little girls really wanted to make their appearance that day. Congrats on the babies....and the new house!