JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/)
-   -   Hot flashes/night sweats?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/1061876-hot-flashes-night-sweats.html)

sunnie83 May 12th, 2008 10:37 AM

The last few nights I've been waking up with terrible hot flashes/night sweats! I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same and if its normal in post-partum for your body to go through this?? I am thinking it must be my hormones changing around, as I've also been experiencing a little nausea off and on and DR at the hospital told me thats normal as the hormone levels re-adjust. I am just curious!

Sarah711 May 12th, 2008 10:50 AM

The whole first week I woke up nightly just drenched in sweat. I had to change my sheets a couple of times because I was so wet. I would wake up wet and then get really cold and not be able to get warm again. I'm back to normal now but I remember it being really irritating.

Sadie'sMaMa May 12th, 2008 10:52 AM

I am going through this as well! I wake up sweating & then cannot get warm again because I'm so cold. I am just blaming the hormones. I'm glad it's not just me though.

Twinksbug May 12th, 2008 10:54 AM

i wake up soaked, completely soaked every night!!!!

illinoismommy May 12th, 2008 11:14 AM

That happened to me the first two times, and this time I am not sure why its not happening? Maybe its yet to happen. I have woken up with my temperature all off though recently, but I am only sweating a little this time.

MaddiesMama May 12th, 2008 11:27 AM

YES! Gosh I hate it. I get hot flashes throughout the day and then whenever I go to sleep I just sweat and sweat and sweat. We only have 3 sheet sets for our bed so we're doing even more laundry on top of the baby laundry.

*~Jen~* May 12th, 2008 12:48 PM

Yes! Last night was the first night since Caleb was born that I didn't wake up all sweaty and he's almost 3 weeks old! I do NOT remember it lasting that long last time.

emills May 12th, 2008 02:34 PM

Glad Im not the only one!!!

sunnie83 May 12th, 2008 04:01 PM

Wow, I am glad I am not alone then!! I also get cold then sweat too - I am thinking I'm gonna catch a terrible cold if this keeps up! Its been ages since my body has ever said it was cold..ha! The entire pregnancy I was so stinkin' hot!

Crystal423 May 12th, 2008 06:44 PM

Yeah, this has happened to me too. I would wake up soaked and then get really cold. I think it's completely normal, but it's annoying isn't it?

Astrid May 12th, 2008 06:56 PM

I am still sweating at night & it has been 6 weeks. I guess it is going to take a bit longer b/c it was triplets?

ibdancn May 12th, 2008 09:11 PM

I'm not postpartum yet, but my midwife explained this to me. She said it's your body's way of ridding itself of excessive hormones. Which is also why you cry sometimes without knowing why.

Melody May 12th, 2008 09:17 PM

I get them all the time, not just at night. It will be in the 60's and i'll be sweating

MommyMaryann May 12th, 2008 09:23 PM

It seems like I'm sweating 24/7 these days. I also wake up in a pool of sweat - then 5 minutes later Im freezing cold.

alissafernandes8 March 20th, 2014 09:29 PM

Re: Hot flashes/night sweats??

Sorry to hear about your problem I was also faced same problem hot flashes and night sweats all that whatever I had used progesteril and I have cure from this situation, I will suggest you to use this,I think in the grace of god you will be all right.