JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/)
-   -   Jean Shopping (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/1885759-jean-shopping.html)

GymChick February 23rd, 2010 02:50 PM

Jean Shopping

Does anyone else hate it as much as I do? I HATE shopping for jeans at this size.

I have big thighs & any jeans that fit in the waist are too tight on my thighs... and if they fight my thighs, they're huge on my waist. I know, maybe I need a tailor... but who really wants to take jeans to a tailor?

I find one pair that fit perfect and literally wear them out!!

I hope that I can get back down into my 6s and 4s that are in my closet bc I don't wanna have to go jean shopping... I don't wanna.

What types of jeans do you girls wear?
Brand?
Cut/Style?

My fav-e-o brand is Hydraulic... but I can only wear the wide/straight leg and they're hard to find. I love them though. I found some "Truce" jeans at JCPenneys that I really like but they're sagging off my butt. LOL I like low rise jeans, down on my hips, but seems like all of those cuts are also cut super skinny and I don't have skinny legs. So I have like 1 pair that fit me right now.

jillylicious February 23rd, 2010 03:08 PM

Re: Jean Shopping

Girl I totally hear ya! I HATED buying jeans for ages. Now I don't mind it so much. I actually have quite a few pairs that I've found here and there. I kind of have the same trouble - my butt is a size 4, but my thighs seem to be closer to a 5/6. Some jeans fit just fine, but others are BRUTAL!

I love the Cruel Girl jeans - they are tight the first couple times but after a wash or two they relax enough in the bum and fit pretty nice.

youngwoman February 23rd, 2010 03:33 PM

I hate jean shopping too. If it fits in the waist, then it's sagging in the crotch. If it fits through the crotch, then it's too tight on the waist and I get that dang muffin top. :p

Right now, I'm wearing a few pairs that are getting too big on me (yay!) BUT, all my nice pre-preggo jeans are still a WEE bit too tight (i.e. the muffin top issue). Generally, I like Old Navy jeans - those are the ones I'm trying to fit into. I like low-rise boot-cut.

Mama Theo February 23rd, 2010 05:13 PM

I would love to jean shop (or anything shop for that matter:lol: ) The last pair I got fit me PERFECTLY! They're London Jeans from VS. Other than that, I've got Old Navy jeans. I found a pair there that fit really well too, but I'm not the same size any more. I don't like shopping there anyway, because none of their clothes is the same size and you have to try everything on. Seriously, I bought 3 pairs of jeans in that size, but only tried one on. I had to return the other 2 because one was tiny and the other was gigantic on me.

quietsong February 23rd, 2010 05:17 PM

I couldn't tell you what brand or cut I wear at this point, it's been so long! I'm much the same way, I find a pair that fits and literally wear them to death.

MommyToCooper February 24th, 2010 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GymChick (Post 19179291)
I have big thighs & any jeans that fit in the waist are too tight on my thighs... and if they fight my thighs, they're huge on my waist. I know, maybe I need a tailor... but who really wants to take jeans to a tailor?

I find one pair that fit perfect and literally wear them out!!

Ditto to both points.

I have been wearing Old Navy or Express brand jeans lately. I hate that every single pair fits different! Even the same brand/style. Ugh!

GymChick February 24th, 2010 05:25 AM

Seems like everyone loves old navy jeans... I've tried them and I can't even find any that I like from there...

I was thinking maybe I could just wear my yoga pants until I can get down into my smaller jeans, but even THEY are getting big on me! Which is YAYYAYYAY bc they're mediums, I'm excited to be *needing* a small size... but still, they ARE yoga pants LOL

KellersMom517 February 24th, 2010 06:15 AM

I hate Old Navy Jeans!! Just because of how they fit me, not cause they are ugly dont worry! :) I have a small waist (well, relatively speaking) and a big ole ghetto bootie. I ALLLLLWAYS have a gap at the back of my jeans when I get pants that fit in the butt/hips...it's so annoying.

Ann Taylor makes great jeans for that, and GAP has the "curvy" fit, which I like - but be prepared to spend 60-80 bucks on a pair :( The next pair of jeans I but will have a nice soft cotton elastic waistband..can I get a woot woot for maternity clothes! LOL

TallyGirl22 February 25th, 2010 07:18 AM

First can I say I'd love to wear 4's 6, heck even 10s!! Hoping to be there soon ONE DAY lol. I have 10's in my closet but its been a while since I could wear them! Before E!!

I love Old Navy and Ann Taylor Jeans. I have to buy the "Diva" style at Old Navy and never get straight leg - my hips/thighs are too big and I look funny... I like low rise bootcut.

I love AT jeans too but only buy them ON SALE! I got some after Christmas on the clearance rack for $19.98!!

GymChick February 25th, 2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellersMom517 (Post 19186498)
I hate Old Navy Jeans!! Just because of how they fit me, not cause they are ugly dont worry! :) I have a small waist (well, relatively speaking) and a big ole ghetto bootie. I ALLLLLWAYS have a gap at the back of my jeans when I get pants that fit in the butt/hips...it's so annoying.

Ann Taylor makes great jeans for that, and GAP has the "curvy" fit, which I like - but be prepared to spend 60-80 bucks on a pair :( The next pair of jeans I but will have a nice soft cotton elastic waistband..can I get a woot woot for maternity clothes! LOL

Sounds exactly like my problem... I'm jealous you get to wear maternity clothes! LOL