JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/)
-   -   Playdates on their own? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/2627301-playdates-their-own.html)

Twinkle February 19th, 2013 06:25 PM

Playdates on their own?

Does your child have drop off playdates, like when you drop them off at a friend's house? At what age do you think you might?

Usually my girls don't have drop off type playdates until 5 or 6, but Kate got invited to one today.. and I figured I might as well try. It was another classmate of her's who's mom I have known since Julia was in preschool. We have been to their house a few times, and Katie was definitely comfortable.

I was surprised how well it went!

ethansmom0408 February 19th, 2013 07:58 PM

Not yet. I have a hard time letting go :)

Julka February 20th, 2013 05:10 AM

Re: Playdates on their own?

Nope, but not because I don't allow it, there just hasn't been an opportunity, I guess. :) Even all the birthday parties Natasha got invited to, the parents got to stay even if it was in the child's house. While I know a few parents from Natasha's class, I haven't gotten to know anyone from Veronika's yet... so while for N, I might say yes, for Veronika the answer would probably be no until I get to know the parents well.

youngwoman February 20th, 2013 05:17 AM

Not yet. There are a couple families we get together with fairly regularly that I would be comfortable with as far as leaving Leah there, but Leah's comfort level isn't there yet. Maybe another year or two.

Kai and Gabby's Mom February 20th, 2013 05:56 AM

I would depending on how well we know the family. Like for example I would be ok with Kai going to over to play with Cooper or Meagan dropping Cooper off to play

DonovinsMommy February 20th, 2013 06:03 AM

We have a few friends that he goes and plays with but he has known them since he was a baby. New friends he hasn't had drop off play dates with just yet.

Addisonsmommy February 21st, 2013 06:49 AM

Not yet. But we go to and have play dates. The moms just stay and talk. One day I am sure it will happen. I am just not ready yet.

MommyToCooper February 21st, 2013 01:31 PM

We haven't really done that yet except with our next door neighbors for short amounts of time. Ditto to what Kathy said though.

SheilaRN February 24th, 2013 03:42 PM

Like many have said, It would depend on how well I know the family.
Honestly, it would be very difficult for me to just drop them off. I feel like I'm overly protective to a point. I'm just not sure when I personally would feel comfortable.

happyhme44 March 4th, 2013 02:13 PM

It is a play date to her, but in reality it is them babysitting. lol I have one family that I trust here. She is a speech teacher with my mum. In reality the only time Kate goes there is when family is in town and we want to go out to a movie as a family. That is it... There is a reason I am moving back up north. I really dislike this area and the fact that they don't have neighborhood schools.

TallyGirl22 March 5th, 2013 08:16 AM

We have - but I have several close friends and we share watching each others kids when we can. They've come to my house for a while and Elizabeth has gone there for a while as well and all have been fine. As far as sleepover playdates, other than spending the night w/ family members Elizabeth hasn't had one yet, but I've kept my friends kids over night at my house and they did well.