JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/)
-   -   Car accident (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/2630111-car-accident.html)

*Cyndee* February 27th, 2013 06:02 PM

Car accident

DH was in a serious accident tonight. He was at a red light and a ford f150 nailed him going over 50mph. he did his best to not hit the car in front of him and it escaped with minor damage. The driver of the truck said he had just gotten off a double shift and wasn't paying attention - his airbag deployed but he walked away. DH had just left he hosptial b/c his stomach was hurting and he wanted tests done and his DR couldn't see him, so after 5 hours he got a dx of gastritis and was on his way home.

This pic doesn't show the front end damage. The car held up well considering but I think it's totaled. The ford did not drive away either. The car in front of DH did drive away with miminal bumper damage.

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...cb42dbd9b4.jpg

:eek:

I'm taking him go to the hospital to get check in the morning.

This is no joke. The frame is bent. I hope they total this car. It's a 2006 TSX.
There goes another car seat :(

~Devon~ February 27th, 2013 06:29 PM

Re: Car accident

Oh man Cyndee!! I'm happy to hear that everyone walked away; it does look bad. I'm sure that they will end up totaling it. Your insurance should cover the cost of the car seat, or the other guys insurance should.

Hang in there!

*Cyndee* February 27th, 2013 06:56 PM

Thanks Devon. My concern is if they do total it will it cover what we owe on the car.
If not, how long will it be in the shop and what will our rental allowance cover in the meantime. Ugh

His last car ended up totaled when a tree fell on it in the driveway at our first rental up here. That car he owned outright and the cost of the car seat was not reimbursed, it was full of glass and we tossed it.

.Michelle. February 27th, 2013 07:03 PM

That stinks Cyndee. I am sorry to hear that and I hope your DH is okay. What insurance co do you have? How about the other guy? Each insurance co may work differently but looking at the pics I am sure it is a total loss and they will give you the worth of your car. If you owe more than it's worth then I think you have to still owe the bank the difference unless the loan you had covers that.
I hope you get what you need out of the car/total loss. You guys have bad luck with cars. :-(

*Cyndee* February 27th, 2013 07:06 PM

We have Geico. They have been great considering the circumstance. I don't complain about them. not sure about the other guy, the police took his info.

OceanGirl February 27th, 2013 07:26 PM

Ouch, I'm glad your dh is ok! I would definitely push them to cover the car seat. That is a pretty standard allowance. Dh had his car totalled a few years ago (he was driving through an intersection with a green light at about 45 mph when a car decided to randomly make a left turn into the intersection against their red light and hit dh's car door, made dh's car spin, and the front end hit/knocked over a pole.) and our insurance covered the cost of the car plus a $300 allowance for a new car seat. They also covered rental fees for a couple weeks while we shopped for a new car. I hope you are able to get similar treatment.

Once again, I'm really glad that your dh is ok and that it wasn't any more serious. I would tell him to soak in a warm bath tonight and have the ibuoprofen ready because I'm sure he'll be sore tomorrow.

bostoncreampie February 27th, 2013 07:34 PM

wow what a mess. i'm glad he is ok though!

LisaMarie! February 28th, 2013 03:15 AM

Glad he is okay.

QueenCrafty February 28th, 2013 04:04 AM

I'm really glad he's okay! How scary

kimmiejo February 28th, 2013 05:52 AM

Glad he is ok!

*Cyndee* February 28th, 2013 05:54 AM

He's hurting this morning. I'm dropping him off at the hospital on my way to work.

spicymustard February 28th, 2013 09:09 AM

Hope everything is okay. :(

*Cyndee* February 28th, 2013 09:59 AM

No acute injuries or broken bones. Whiplash. They told him to take ibuprophen and prescribed a muscle relaxer.

What a week.

Destany February 28th, 2013 02:27 PM

I'm glad he has no injuries. I'd have been a mess! Sorry you guys have to deal with all of this!

horseradishmayo March 1st, 2013 06:59 PM

i'm glad he wasn't seriously injured. ((hugs)) Cynd.

Iluvmybabies* March 1st, 2013 11:15 PM

I hope he heals up fast!!!!