JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/)
-   -   Birthday party plans? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/2635154-birthday-party-plans.html)

Twinkle March 15th, 2013 06:10 PM

Birthday party plans?

What will you be doing to celebrate your child's 5th birthday this year??

ethansmom0408 March 16th, 2013 07:10 AM

We're going to Disney which is his big gift. We're taking cupcakes into school for his actual birthday and taking him to see Dinosaurs at the Academy of Natural Science Museum. Pizza and cake the day after with the grandparents. I'd day he's going to have a great 5t birthday!

4 boys March 16th, 2013 08:39 AM

Re: Birthday party plans?

Just cake and presents at home. That's what we always do. :)

clouise March 16th, 2013 11:02 AM

Carrie asked to go to the skating rink, so we did that as a family. She wanted chinese for dinner, and then she had a Diego cake we made.

SheilaRN March 16th, 2013 01:36 PM

I will be taking cupcakes to daycare and then we will just do something small with the family.
I was on the fence about throwing a party with some of Ellie's friends. Right now I'm just not feeling it. Thankfully she's still small enough that she doesn 't care either way.

youngwoman March 16th, 2013 02:14 PM

We're doing Leah's first party with friends the weekend before her birthday, then family will be coming down the weekend after for our family party. Busy, busy! Her actual birthday falls on a Wednesday, so I figure I'll let her choose dinner and whatever else she wants to do that day. Thinking of taking her out to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast since she LOVES donuts, but we rarely ever go. ;)

Julka March 16th, 2013 04:49 PM

Cake (made by me) and presents at home :) We don't do parties. But we are planning on going to a steakhouse maybe the following weekend to celebrate her and DH's birthdays. She'll be taking homemade goodybags to school on her birthday as well.

2xPink March 16th, 2013 08:50 PM

I wish we didn't do parties. We finally did Brad's today after being sick last month, and I am exhausted! We will probably have her party at a park, which is what we switched to a year or two ago. I get stressed about parties, but my DH insists we have them.

MommyToCooper March 18th, 2013 06:08 AM

We're flying home from our trip to FL on his actual birthday so we're not doing much that actual day. We'll have whatever he chooses for dinner. It will be low key.

Last year we did a huge party and will take a couple of years off from doing another big one :)

Bermuda Girl March 19th, 2013 10:43 AM

We are having Jack's birthday at Platytopia a local play center. For the actual day I will send cupcakes to school.

Hugo&Sergiosmom March 19th, 2013 07:03 PM

We're having a baseball-themed party at our house about a week and a half early since the real date is too close to my due date. Cookout, cake, ice cream and popcorn with friends and family. Cowboy themed class party on his real b-day with cupcakes and a little model horse for each of his classmates. My mom may have to do this party for me, depends how I am with the baby.

Twinkle March 21st, 2013 10:58 AM

I just booked a party for Katie at an indoor play space that is close by. She picked a princess theme, surprise surprise!