JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/)
-   -   Preschool (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/2640479-preschool.html)

clouise April 4th, 2013 05:39 AM

Preschool

For those in preschool, when are they finishing up for the year?

Will there be an end of the year party or graduation ceremony?

Carrie has seven more weeks...she gets out right before Memorial day. They don't really do a graduation, but they did take photos of the kids in a little cap and gown. Last year we had a big picnic at a park for both the three and four year old classes on the last day...I imagine they'll do something like that again. I remember last year it was about 105 degrees. It's hard to even picture that at this point since spring has STILL not arrived.

Julka April 4th, 2013 08:21 AM

Re: Preschool

She's in the first year of kindergarten now so they do have a graduation, but next year, at the end of the second year, before grade 1. There is nothing at the end of this year- she will be done around June 30. When Natasha graduated, they graduation pictures taken mid-year in a cap & gown and at the end of the year it was a ceremony where the parents got to come & all the kids performed on stage, sang 3 songs, and got their diplomas. It was cute. I assume it will be the same for Veronika next year.

ethansmom0408 April 4th, 2013 04:12 PM

Ethan graduates on May 29th and has a end of year picnic on the 22nd. I'm so sad. I love his teachers and this year has gone by way too fast!

Twinkle April 5th, 2013 11:24 AM

Kate is done late May and her school usually does a little celebration party.

Just_Marie April 8th, 2013 08:58 PM

I think E goes until June 19th and they will have a little grad party

MommyToCooper April 9th, 2013 07:38 AM

Cooper will stay in preschool until mid June when Nathan is done teaching. I think his school does a small party for those that are heading to kindergarten. He'll go one day a week over the summer for socialization with his friends and teachers.

2xPink April 12th, 2013 04:36 PM

Addy finishes in late May, but I do not think they do anything special for it.

Hugo&Sergiosmom April 14th, 2013 03:45 AM

Hugo has a graduation ceremony at the end of May. We are planning to take him out to dinner. I want to get him a gift too but we'll see what maternity leave budget allows. I'm excited it will probably be the baby's first family event to attend after she is born. Got a suit for Hugo, trying to pick out outfits for the other 2 in advance so I won't have to think about it then.

Coffee_Bean April 14th, 2013 05:00 PM

Ay has graduation pictures this Friday and Graduation for her class will be May 24. My PreK class will also be graduating that night. We go all out. Caps, gowns, pictures, slideshow, yearbooks, and of course diplomas and class awards.

KellersMom517 April 15th, 2013 03:03 PM

Keller's last day and graduation is June 14th - they do a little ceremony, but I don't think they get cap/gowns.

He is going to go 2 days/week to their summer camp to stay in the school routine for Kindergarten.

TallyGirl22 May 9th, 2013 06:45 AM

Yes, May 31 is the last day and preschool graduation is May 18th :)