JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/)
-   -   After school plan (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/2642176-after-school-plan.html)

LisaMarie! April 10th, 2013 10:00 AM

After school plan

Since the kids will be starting Kindergarden this coming year. For those who work full time, what is your plans for after school care.

Right now we have 2 different options. First is to us the after school at his current place. He would take the bus to the daycare and stay there and we can pick up both boys. The daycare doesn't pick them up, they have to take a bus which has a bus stop.

Second options is to use the school after school program at the school. We would then pick him up after we picked up Preston .

kimmiejo April 10th, 2013 10:08 AM

Re: After school plan

my plan is that 3 days a week Syd will take the bus to and from her current daycare to kindergarten. We are only 2 blocks from the school so she is technically a "walker" but her current school does provide transportation and before and after care. The other 2 days I will take her and pick her up and she will be home with me. That way we only have to pay for part time care. Since I work from home this is a good option for us, also my work is going to flex schedules so that will allow me to spend some time with her and not have to worry about work (fingers crossed it all works out!)

I wasn't going to have her take the bus to and from on those days, I was going to just take her and then drop her off at daycare but she is BEGGING to be able to ride the bus with her friends LOL so I figured what the heck, she wants to do it and they offer the service, she has friends that will be with her that she has known since she was a baby, it will be fine!....I think ;)

TheMommyProject April 10th, 2013 01:28 PM

Aidan just comes home. His bus drops him here at about 4pm. I work from home, so I have the flexibility. It took a few months for him to get used to the fact that I still have a bit of work to do when he gets home, but he's used to it now and finds a quiet activity (usually a craft or something) to do on his own. It's turned into a good unwind time for him.

*Cyndee* April 10th, 2013 02:57 PM

I pay for aftercare at the school and I pick her up at 4. It costs about $7 per hour or per day.

.Michelle. April 10th, 2013 09:21 PM

I signed him up for an after school program at a family enrichment center. They have a bus that picks the kids up at school and brings them to the center. They help them complete their homework and tutoring. Then they get to play or participate in a class. This place has art classes, science, private music lessons (extra). I am really excited about it and I think it would be a good thing for him to go to another place after school since he gets antsy. My other option was to pay for extended day at the elementary school but they closed 30 min earlier so at least I don't have to panic to pick him up on time.

spicymustard April 11th, 2013 06:47 AM

As of right now she will have to ride the bus to daycare wed only because there is min day then to accommodate our meetings. We are getting yet another new principal next year though *sigh* so depending on how meeting happy he/she is it might be more than the once a week. Her school is one block away from mine and we get out first so I'll be able to pick her up if I actually get to leave according to contract.

mommy2lilman May 3rd, 2013 01:00 PM

Frederick will be attending Hwangs Martial arts academy after school. He will learn tar Kwan do three times a week and do other fun activities. They have a bus that will pick him up.

Hwang's Martial Arts | Louisville, KY -