JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/)
-   -   Thank You notes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/2643798-thank-you-notes.html)

Twinkle April 16th, 2013 05:58 PM

Thank You notes

Does your child send out thank you cards for things like birthday gifts? Does he/she write them on their own or sign their name?

Julka April 17th, 2013 05:30 AM

Re: Thank You notes

No, our family doesn't do that. I think we have done it once or twice with more formal events like Baptisms, but not for birthdays. But then, we don't throw parties either. No one sends us thank-you cards so we don't either.

Hugo&Sergiosmom April 17th, 2013 06:27 PM

Funny you asked, Hugo was doing that earlier today for his b-day gifts. Yes, he writes one for every gift he gets except Christmas/Easter gifts where it's just a gift exchange. I think it's important to show appreciation. He writes his own notes and draws a picture of the item he got. He's pretty good, has mastered writing "Thank you for the" and "Love, Hugo" without help, just asks for assistance spelling the name of the item he got. I also let him address the envelopes.

SheilaRN April 17th, 2013 07:56 PM

When I bought Ellie's invites for her bday party they came with Thank you cards. Normally we don't bother with it because it has always been family. This party is with her friends from daycare. These cards will be put to good use. Plus, I think it's an other way for her to learn about appreciation.

claire1979 April 18th, 2013 07:28 AM

No not here. I thought about it but couldn't find any so i went and said thank you to the parents who bought presents.

lindseyp1019 April 20th, 2013 06:50 AM

Yes we send out thank yous. This year Kyle will write them on his own. It will probably take like 3 weeks though! lol

youngwoman April 22nd, 2013 05:42 AM

Yes, I send thank you cards since a lot of our family ships gifts and we don't get to see them in person to thank.

Kai and Gabby's Mom April 25th, 2013 08:25 AM

This year we had Kai do thank you notes for his birthday.

He wrote Thank you and Love, Kai and then told me what he wanted to Thank people for.

People have texted me saying how nice it was.

4 boys April 25th, 2013 11:33 AM

Reid doesn't yet but I have my older boys do some, especially to people we don't see often or those I know that would really appreciate it (like my Grandma; she loves getting letters from her great-grandchildren). It's actually a pretty good school assignment. :D So Reid will do the same once he can read and write.

MommyToCooper April 25th, 2013 11:58 AM

Hit or miss here... sometimes we do them, other times we don't.