JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/)
-   -   Does your child dress themself? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/2646139-does-your-child-dress-themself.html)

ethansmom0408 April 26th, 2013 06:35 AM

Does your child dress themself?

Ethan has no interest in what he wears so I pick his clothes out for the day. He will not dress himself. He wants me to do it. I know he can because I've seen him do it. I guess it's just laziness :)

Julka April 26th, 2013 07:12 AM

Re: Does your child dress themself?

Depends on the day :P Can she dress herself? YES. Does she want to dress herself? NO. lol... Now picking her own clothes is a different topic; she definitely is opinionated and if she doesn't like what I picked for her, she'll let the whole house know. Basically if it was up to her, she would be in a twirly dress 24/7, but that just cannot happen all the time. She's excited the weather is warming up so she can wear more dresses & skirts with tights.

youngwoman April 26th, 2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julka (Post 27317939)
Basically if it was up to her, she would be in a twirly dress 24/7, but that just cannot happen all the time.

Haha, this is Leah as well. She always picks the sleeveless dresses too - thank goodness it's warming up! Every so often she asks me for help in choosing clothes (especially when I've told her the weather is going to be cool/rainy), but mostly she is ALL about doing it herself without any input from me. She's so opinionated and argues most things I suggest. LOL

Kai and Gabby's Mom April 26th, 2013 11:10 AM

I sometimes help Kai pick out clothes if I get clothes out the night before, but mostly he just picks out his own clothes and get dressed. The same with bedtime.

4 boys April 26th, 2013 11:10 AM

Reid dresses himself because he's usually up before me.

claire1979 April 27th, 2013 01:36 AM

Keeley does dress herself, and picks some weird outfits that don't match lol

Coffee_Bean April 27th, 2013 07:48 AM

I pick it out and I dress her bc she is still half asleep at 515 in the morning and it makes the morning go by smoother. She can definitely dress herself and on the weekends she will pick out her own outfits, matching, thank goodness. Lol!!

clouise April 29th, 2013 09:06 AM

Carrie dresses herself. I usually pick out her clothes and lay them out the night before.

Bermuda Girl April 29th, 2013 11:51 AM

We pick out clothes when Jack goes to bed then there is no fighting or arguing the next morning. He dresses himself in the morning.

SheilaRN April 29th, 2013 07:41 PM

Ellie dresses herself but I usually pick out both girls clothes.
They are alway excited for Saturday. That's the day they are home with Daddy. That is also the day He let's them pick out their clothes.:o It is not always a pretty sight. Ellie is especially fond of stripes. She will be head to toes stipes of any and every colors.

TallyGirl22 May 9th, 2013 06:42 AM

Unless we're doing something important - like pictures, church, funeral etc... I let Elizabeth wear what she wants :) She will be required to wear uniforms in Kindergarten starting mid-August so I figured better let her enjoy it now :) Plus, it allows her to show her creativity!

aprilmiracle May 12th, 2013 06:57 AM

Birk usually don't care but some days he'll og find a specific shirt etc he wants. He usually won't dress himself in the mornings when we're off to work/School, but he always does in the weekends, unless we're heading out and have short of time.

lindseyp1019 May 14th, 2013 09:24 AM

If I am in a hurry I'll pick his clothes for him, but he gets dressed. He only needs help if the shirts are inside out. Other days I just tell him to go get dressed and he picks out what he is wearing. Today it is backwards shorts, and a dog costume from last Halloween. lol, luckily we have no where to go today! I let him pick what he wants to wear and only tell him to change if it is not appropriate for the weather.

Hugo&Sergiosmom May 19th, 2013 02:39 PM

Hugo changes clothes whenever the mood strikes him, all. day. LONG. I wish he would stop sometimes but he has fun. As long as he puts back what is clean I'm ok with it, and as long as he doesn't try to change in the AM what we laid out the night before. He does that sometimes which throws the morning off. Sometimes he needs help with getting buttons straight/matched up but otherwise he does it himself.

Twinkle May 23rd, 2013 04:19 PM

Katie dresses herself and changes throughout the day. As long as the clothes are appropriate for the weather, she pretty much can wear what she wants. If its an important occasion, I will "guide" her on what to wear, but for the most part she does ok.