JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/)
-   -   Lunch questions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/2669289-lunch-questions.html)

ethansmom0408 July 31st, 2013 01:56 PM

Lunch questions

Since Ethan is starting school in 26 days :( I have some questions about packing lunches. What are some things that you pack your kids for lunch? He doesn't like pb&j. He's okay with lunch meat but will get bored quick. I'm at a loss.

clouise July 31st, 2013 09:31 PM

Re: Lunch questions

I bought thermoses so I could pack hot things sometimes. Otherwise I do a sandwich, a bagel with cream cheese or pb, or crackers with cheese and meat (think homemade lunchables.) I also keep the fridge and pantry stocked with all kinds of fruit, carrot and bell pepper sticks, yogurt, pretzels, trail mix, goldfish crackers, and so on. I will throw in one piece of candy or a few cookies for a desert sometimes.

If you are feeling creative, look up school lunches on pinterest. So many cute ideas!

Julka August 1st, 2013 05:02 PM

Well, Veronika's kindergarten is 1/2 day so just snacks... but I send lunches for Natasha. I usually do a sandwich or a wrap. She's been BIG on wraps. I'll do turkey, salami, or cheese usually. With lettuce or tomato (whatever he prefers) and some mayo or butter so it's not dry. Their school is nut-free so no PB&J allowed.

Aside from that, I pack fruit.. whatever they like - orange slices, watermelon, apple (rub with lemon juice), peaches, apricots, grapes, etc. Carrot sticks, grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, berries.

Then I buy goldfish crackers, veggie crackers, pretzels, corn puffs.

I will also throw a cookie or a small chocolate or a gummy worm but they have strict instructions to eat the healthy stuff first, lol. They know better than to come home with the gummy worm missing but the carrots still there!!

You can also buy yogurt tubes and freeze them, they usually defrost in their bags by the time lunch rolls around. But I don't usually send yogurt.

Oh, I also send hard-boiled eggs but I tell Natasha to eat it at snack time so it doesn't sit there too long.

SheilaRN August 1st, 2013 07:48 PM

I'm kind of in the same boat.
Sure I pack my own lunch everyday but Ellie doesn't exactly like everything I eat.

Have you checked out Pinterest? I was planning to check it out for some ideas. I have pinned a few ideas but need to find them first. ;)

Ellie doesn't mind PB& J but can get bored with it quickly.
She does like meat and cheese ( cut in to chunks) with fruits and yogurt.
I imagine you would want to freeze the yogurt first. Then by lunch it should be thawed. That's what I do for my lunches.

ethansmom0408 August 2nd, 2013 04:55 AM

Thank you ladies!

Twinkle August 2nd, 2013 12:45 PM

I pack lunches for everyone! I pack a thermos of water, a sandwich, fruit or veggie and yogurt or cheese.