JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/)
-   -   Endoscopy and Colonoscopy? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1830-2008-playroom/2686742-endoscopy-and-colonoscopy.html)

2xPink October 18th, 2013 11:54 AM

Endoscopy and Colonoscopy?

Addy has to have an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy. She has chronic diarrhea, which did not get better with eliminating her food allergies. She has had a ton of improvement from the adult dose of the acid blocker, but not a complete improvement. Anyone else go through this with their LO? Any tips? I am nervous and sad to put her through this, but I hope they can find answers.

ethansmom0408 October 19th, 2013 07:24 AM

I don't have any experience but wanted to offer lots of hugs to you and Addy :(

KellersMom517 October 20th, 2013 05:10 PM

Re: Endoscopy and Colonoscopy?

Aww man :( I have had heartburn and gallbladder issues so I recently had an endoscopy. Not my child, but still - it was really pretty easy. The worst part was (always is) the IV. But the anesthesia was a fast acting and I didn't feel nauseous or really out of it when I woke up. The procedure itself, took less than 10 minutes and I was awake again within a half hour of going out.

I hope they can figure it out and shes ok!! Such a rough thing :(

clouise October 21st, 2013 06:26 AM

No experience here either, but I'll be praying everything goes well and you get some answers to help Miss Addy feel well.

Bermuda Girl October 21st, 2013 08:44 AM

No experience - but just want to send my hugs, and hope you get some answers soon.

MommyToCooper October 21st, 2013 11:40 AM

Sending good thoughts. Hugs.

Julka October 21st, 2013 02:40 PM

I really hope it goes well, poor girl. :(

2xPink October 21st, 2013 06:11 PM

Thank you all! Emily, I am glad to hear that it was easy for you. Hopefully, it will be the same for Addy. I am worried about the cleaning out the system part for the colonoscopy and school. She has to start high dose Miralax on Tues before a Fri procedure. Then Thurs is also clear fluids only. They said no school Thurs. I asked the school nurse about Tues and Wed in case she has issues, and she said she can go to the nurse's restroom for help.

SheilaRN October 22nd, 2013 07:49 PM

Yikes! No issues here.
Ellie did go through a few months of randomly vomiting. We thought it might be and allergy. Or were told it was this long lasting intestinal bug.
It was a few months of cutting this food or that food until it was gone.

Ditzzy November 11th, 2013 07:11 AM

I wish I would've seen this, Ava has had multiple scopes done. We've always done them inpatient so the clean outs were usually done on Sundays with scopes on Monday. I hope everything went well and you got some answers.

Twinkle November 11th, 2013 06:54 PM

Keep us posted as to the results!! I am so sorry she has to go through this, but I hope it gives you some answers!

2xPink November 13th, 2013 01:04 PM

Thank you all! They changed the date on us twice. She ended up having it done on Tuesday last week. She did fine with the clean out and not eating. They said all looked good, but itwould take one week for the results of her biopsies. So here I sit by the phone. I am not feeling very patient.

ethansmom0408 November 13th, 2013 01:42 PM

That's great news! I hope everything comes back clear.