JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Do you have nursery plans yet? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1485422-do-you-have-nursery-plans-yet.html)

SusieQ2 March 20th, 2009 06:35 AM

Do you have nursery plans yet?

Even though it's too early to know the sex of our babies have you started looking at nursery things online or in the store?

Do you have any idea of what you might like to do?

TulipDawn March 20th, 2009 06:53 AM

Re: Do you have nursery plans yet?

Actually, now that I know that we will have a room for the baby - a 3 bedroom with a den(which my oldest ds will have the den if it's downstairs) that's all I've been thinking about is a nursery and what it will be like. I know dh said that if this baby is a girl plan on plenty of purple, pink and flowers/butterflys...lol

If it's a boy we have a few options that we are thinking about....

All I know is I can't wait to get to where we are going so I can start planning!

SusieQ2 March 20th, 2009 06:59 AM

When are you officially moving?

I've been thinking about it but I haven't found anything that I like for sure yet. If it's a boy I may just use the puppy stuff that DS has now. If it's a girl I'll get something girly!

ms.crystal March 20th, 2009 07:00 AM

Whether its a boy or girl, we will probably do an elephant theme. I love elephants!

Christine_D March 20th, 2009 07:00 AM

Yes!! I love decorating and my house is finished, so the nursery gives me a new decorating project!! One of our guest rooms is light and airy with tiffany blue walls and white trim - there are three windows with beautiful white sheers.

I'm not going with a theme, per sea.... just a color scheme. If its a girl, I'm going to do tiffany blue, white, silver and bright pink/fushia. If its a boy, I'm going to do tiffany blue, white, sea green and dark browns.

My furniture will be white and my nursery bedding will be either a fun floral for a girl or geometric print for a boy.

monica8 March 20th, 2009 07:16 AM

We are going to move in with SO's grandma (she's kinda old and needs company and we should be saving money) next Sunday. Its a finished basement that's pretty big, so the baby will just sleep down there with us. I'm kinda disappointed that I don't have a room for the baby that I can make cute.

SusieQ2 March 20th, 2009 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica8 (Post 14971245)
We are going to move in with SO's grandma (she's kinda old and needs company and we should be saving money) next Sunday. Its a finished basement that's pretty big, so the baby will just sleep down there with us. I'm kinda disappointed that I don't have a room for the baby that I can make cute.

You can still fix up a nice little area for the baby!

mommy2Breana+Brandon March 20th, 2009 08:10 AM

No I am keeping it the same way that we had it for Breana.

Moon and stars

TulipDawn March 20th, 2009 08:42 AM

We are leaving in 6 weeks but we probably won't get a place for another 10 weeks. We will be staying in a hotel until housing finds us a place. Which they can't evens tart looking for us until we get to italy.

Snowpeas March 20th, 2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.crystal (Post 14970997)
Whether its a boy or girl, we will probably do an elephant theme. I love elephants!

I love elephants too!

I'm waiting to find out what we're having. If we're having a girl we'll just re-use dd's bedding. If it's a boy we will have to find something that matches the paint color as both of our children will be sharing a room for awhile.

Vmarie5 March 20th, 2009 12:57 PM

oh its in pregress already.. i have the changing table set up and the crib and dresser are getting picked up tomorrow.. ill get them set up this week.

i have to do it early because i have to put the stuff together myself. and i dont want to be doing it 6 months preggo. so once i find out what im having i can start the painting, and decoration phase. (which i have the bedding picked out already)

*Meg* March 20th, 2009 01:13 PM

I haven't looked at colors/schemes but I picked out the crib and dresser/ changing table already!

Blondn6ft March 20th, 2009 02:03 PM

Haven't decided colors ... but it will be tropical/Hawaiian in theme ... as is most of our house!

scorpioqueen March 20th, 2009 02:57 PM

If it's a boy, he'll move into the nursery we have now, and turn the other bedroom into a Cars toddler room for DS. If it's a girl, we'll adjust DD's room for the baby and finish her room downstairs.

Rh♥nda March 20th, 2009 06:56 PM

If it's a girl, I want to do something with red, pinks, and maybe a baby green. I saw a bedding set at BRU that was of LADY BUGS! It was sooooo CUTE!! So I am thinking I will go with that for a girl.
If its a boy, I am sure DH will want me to reuse Andre's bedding, which is jungle themed and his room is painted in a Sage Green color.